Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 1:03:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really a psychotic religion, modeled after christian and jewish beliefs mind you, but a religion led by psychotics. Those who have been in power after the "prophit"'s death have really f$%$#ed up a very tolerant religion that even accepted christian beliefs and shared the SAME God.

All religions are corrupt to a certain extent, but Islam is probably the most.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad event....that has a long history.  However, it didn't happen here so what do you care if they kill each other over there?  Its a few less Muslim pyschos that you have to "deal with."

Ever hear of Ireland? Or Israel?  Don't think there are any Muslim psychos there but the folks there kill each other daily also.

Hell... China kills its own citizens every now & then just to keep control.

Just an observation.....

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, ilikelegs!  A psychotic religion!

Just like Christians! [url]http://www.worthynews.com/news-features/india-persecution-2.html[/url]

And the Pope, Pat Robertson, and Benny Hinn  have always pissed me off with their pious crap, but I don't know if I put them on a hit list like these "PSYCHOS"!

[url]http://hinduunity.org/hitlist.html[/url]

ilikelegs, you ought to research what the Fundamentalist Hindus are doing in Gujarat before you open your mouth!  

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My characterization is of Islam was of the people in it, not the teachings. I should have worded it better.
Or is it of all the other killings that go on in every society, in every country, every city, and commune.
But mainly to focus on the people of  the muslim faith that kill off and attack anyone different, ( yes just like the KKK). Its the extreme that they go to.

It did happen here. They used planes and killed more.

This time it wasn't a few trained muslim terrorists, it was your locals in the town that you live in, that turned out to great you and others from your trip home. 2000 people at a train station is a lot.

I failed to make it clear earlier, its the people.
I read another thread on the site today of a convention held in OKC of muslims.
I did't like what I read. And Thats real close to home.

Matrix, I don't care how many of them kill each other over there. Its the ones here I'm watching.
View Quote

Hmmm...I own firearms, I'm married to a cop who is Christian, I'm a member of the NRA, Friends of NRA, IDPA, Texas State Rifle Association, I live in Texas...and, oh ya, I'm Muslim.

The only extreme viewpoint I have is that I am not giving up my firearms to anyone...does that make me a terrorist?  If so, then a lot of people on this board would also be labeled as such.

I'm completely against the Muslim/Christian/Jewish etc. Terrorists...they are in every religion & will always be there.

I live in a part of Texas where everyone is different from me...I haven't killed anyone off nor do I plan to spread my faith by the sword.  The Quran, like the Bible & Torah is open to interpretation & I, for one, do not wish to use violence to force my opinion on anyone else.  Live & let live...its not that hard a concept UNLESS you are raised in hatred like many are in parts of the world...including the USA.

"Its the ones here I'm watching."

I guess you'll just have to watch out for me too...boo!

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not really a psychotic religion, modeled after christian and jewish beliefs mind you, but a religion led by psychotics. Those who have been in power after the "prophit"'s death have really f$%$#ed up a very tolerant religion that even accepted christian beliefs and shared the SAME God.

All religions are corrupt to a certain extent, but Islam is probably the most.
View Quote

They've never really shared the same God (no matter how much they want us to believe it).  The jewish/christian God's reward is not a truck full of virgins.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#7]
if someone was planning to build a temple to another faith over the ruins of yours, you might be tempted to burn their train too. i'm not saying it's right, just that we don't know who started ths mess. one thing is sure, i'm glad these folks dont live in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A mob of 2000 muslims attacked a train full of Hindu's. Burning them inside the train alive. Now the Hindu's are getting some payback.

Muslims hate and kill everyone thats not a muslim. Its not just the Jewish people they hate. But any other culture thats different than them.

I hope after reading these two articles, people in America and the world see the Majority of Muslims and Islam for what it is.
We already have enough examples of :

A religion of psychotic people.
A religion of hate.

Please do not bore me with stories of past Christian crusades and other similar responses to this article.

In my opinion, The Jews, Hindu's, Christian, and best of all American's,  can respond in anyway they see fit against this kind of freak culture.

After a few more attacks here in the USA, what will we be doing ? [uzi]
View Quote

While I wouldn't want to defend anyone buring a train and killing several thousand people, it didn't occur in a vacuum.  The Hindus were extremists also, and made a habit of provoking the Muslims whenever possible.  One habit was to get snacks from the Muslim merchants at train stops, and then refuse to pay for them and to threaten the people with sticks.  Sounds like two sides just itching for a fight...
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep in mind that while there are a great many places stricken with sectarian violence, any time anything at all happens there, you can add one or two zeroes to the death count to get the Indian equivalent.

Mexico, Bus crash kills 1, injures 17.
India, Bus crash kills 10, injures 170 people.

Try it out, it usually works.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#10]
The Indian Muslims must have some chutzpah to provoke the Hindus who outnumber them 5 to 1.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the savage face of Hinduism:
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020228/capt.1014889974.india_train_fire_del106.jpg[/img]

And here's another:
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020301/i/1014985647.3020357679.jpg[/img]

The Indians are just like the Israelis -- they'll even kill their own leaders to prevent making peace.  Rabin, assassinated by a Jewish hardliner;  Gandhi, assassinated by a Hindu hardliner.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm completely against the Muslim/Christian/Jewish etc. Terrorists...they are in every religion & will always be there.
View Quote

I see. Just for curiousity's sake do you think that there are more muslim terrorists than the other two religions mentioned? Maybe than all the other religions, for the time being? Or is it about equal in numbers as some muslim civil rights groups are proclaiming... I saw this guy on the tube and he was even including Budhists!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Islam is not some little cult, much of the worlds population is muslim.  Many parts of the world which are largely muslim are violent areas.  If someone grew up violently, in a war stricken area, they will likely be a killer regardless of religion...  In addition, it's the evil people who get attention.  What percantage of muslims do you think are violent?  It's probably a fraction of a fraction of a percent.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A mob of 2000 muslims attacked a train full of Hindu's. Burning them inside the train alive. Now the Hindu's are getting some payback.
View Quote

The people attacked on the train were Hindu extremist volunteers for a fanatical Hindu organization, who were returning from a visit to a town where their organization demolished a mosque in 1991 provoking weeks of rioting and thousands of deaths.  On their journey back, they were raising slogans attacking Muslims at every train station.  What happened to them was horrible, but they were not blameless.

At the present moment, the Hindu fanatics are busy attacking and murdering Muslims all over the state where this attack took place.  This is largely with official indifference, and of course, India has strict gun control, so it is almost impossible to people to defend themselves against a mob.

After a few more attacks here in the USA, what will we be doing ? [uzi]
View Quote

Exactly what do you have in mind, [b]ilikelegs[/b]?  Please don't hold back.  Tell us what you would like to see.  This is an online forum, after all.  Don't be coy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
What happened to them was horrible, but they were not blameless.
View Quote

Lord, where have I heard [u]that[/u] before?

Eric The(OhYeah)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What happened to them was horrible, but they were not blameless.
View Quote

Lord, where have I heard [u]that[/u] before?

Eric The(OhYeah)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Stick to Israel, Hun, you know something about it, and while many may disagree with you, they secretly respect your depth of knowledge on that subject.

Trust me, Hindu fanatics in India can be just as vicious as their Muslim counterparts.  In fact, they are something like this:
http://[url]timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_id=2536496[/url]

People who make it their business to provoke sectarian violence sometimes get burned by it.  In this country, we do not extend the freedom of speech to "fighting words", for good reason.

[Edited to resurrect the link]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Matrix,
I'm curious...whats the difference between your Muslim "faith" and the "faith" of the Taliban?

Which God do they serve as opposed to the God you serve?

Is there anything in your Quran that you can discern as a call to violence? If so, how do you disregard it and apply the "peaceful" text?

I realize that the Christian faith had it's crusades and other violent historical occurences. But, I'm confused at the great gulf between Muslims "sects".

You cited Ireland and Israel...Ireland is in a battle for land rule and politics more than religion. Israel...you've got me on that one. I was'nt aware of the Jews killing each other on a daily basis. Have'nt read that one lately. I do know the Muslims have been trying to kill Jews for a couple thousand years.

I have tried and tried to see what makes the Muslim/Islamic faith "peaceful". Even in the United States. I sincerely would like to know.

I'm not trying to be a smartass either,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I am Allah.
I bless you all.
My followers love you.
Now turn around and bend over...
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I do know the Muslims have been trying to kill Jews for a couple thousand years.
View Quote

Since Islam has only existed for about 1400 years, that doesn't seem possible. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually, for most of the last 1400 years the Muslims treated the Jews much better than the Christians did. Its only been in the last 200 years that we have seen something of a role reversal. The Enlightement in the 18th century brought in the notion that faith was largely a personal experiance and there was therefore no need to kill people cause they thought differently than you. This has slowly spread over Europe, and much faster still in North America.

At the same time the Ottoman and Moguhl empires, the two cornerstones of Islam, collapsed. As they did so, and Western civilization- now predominantly SECULAR, but with enherited Christian traditions- rushed in to fill the vacume left behind Muslims began to violently attack anyone who wasn't a Muslim. Non-muslims have now become scapgoats for the stagnation of the Islamic world. There werent many Christians available to attack but Jews were everywhere in Muslim lands.

This has resulted in a curious role reversal (Hitler and Stalin not withstanding) with the West becoming the stable, tolerant portion of the world. Unless you are a Jew, in which case this reversal has left you with NO ONE to trust implicitly.  The US is the closest, but even we have a far from perfect record in this matter.

But it boils down to that the Muslims have only really started killing Jews as a matter of routine since the 19th century. Hindus and Muslims on the other hand have been at each other since the late 7th century, so they really have been killing each other for almost 1400 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I see. Just for curiousity's sake do you think that there are more muslim terrorists than the other two religions mentioned? Maybe than all the other religions, for the time being? Or is it about equal in numbers as some muslim civil rights groups are proclaiming... I saw this guy on the tube and he was even including Budhists!
View Quote

I haven't a clue to the numbers...you'd have to seek expert advice there.

Just fyi, I am as much an infidel & enemy to these Muslim Terrorists as you are.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Matrix,
I'm curious...whats the difference between your Muslim "faith" and the "faith" of the Taliban?

Which God do they serve as opposed to the God you serve?

I realize that the Christian faith had it's crusades and other violent historical occurences. But, I'm confused at the great gulf between Muslims "sects".

I'm not trying to be a smartass either,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

View Quote

My "sect" believes in respecting women & life.  It preaches peace & tolerance, not violence. It promotes Education & Meritocracy.  It encourages us to better ourselves & that Islam is a way of life to be practiced daily in harmony with others of differing viewpoints.

The Taliban is a group of thugs & murderers & I think that America will exact its Justice from them...as they should.  An Eye for an Eye?

The God I serve?  There is only one God...unless you know something I don't.  I don't think the Taliban serve God...only themselves & their corruption/greed/lust for power.

"Is there anything in your Quran that you can discern as a call to violence? If so, how do you disregard it and apply the "peaceful" text?"

There are numerous parts that relate to violence.  My sect's Imam (spirtual leader) interprets the Quran for us & helps guide us...I really don't know enough to educate you on how Peace is translated from these violent paragraphs, but I can tell you that many believe there are at least three interpretations of the Quran:  the non-enlightened mind, the Imam's (enlightened) Mind, & God's true intent.
The bottom line is though that I am not the Taliban, just as you are not the IRA.

As for the Sects, various branches exist as many followed different Imams throughout history based on faith & other factors.

"You cited Ireland and Israel...Ireland is in a battle for land rule and politics more than religion."

I thought otherwise...religiously based?

"Israel...you've got me on that one. I was'nt aware of the Jews killing each other on a daily basis. Have'nt read that one lately."

Ok...poor wording on my part.  

"I have tried and tried to see what makes the Muslim/Islamic faith "peaceful". Even in the United States. I sincerely would like to know."

You will have to seek enlightenment from someone other than me...I am the FURTHEST example of what Islam is.  I am in no way a practicing Muslim.

...Islamic by birth, American by choice.

See below if you wish to read a little further regarding Islam:

[url]http://www.lib.vt.edu/subjects/slav/relig_muslim.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"You cited Ireland and Israel...Ireland is in a battle for land rule and politics more than religion."

I thought otherwise...religiously based?
View Quote

No, it has a religious aspect obviously, but the "orange" irish are viewed as colonialists, which is at the heart of the matter, and in that way is similar to Israel and the occupied territories, of which religion is again a secondary issue to the occupation itself.

You will have to seek enlightenment from someone other than me...I am the FURTHEST example of what Islam is.  I am in no way a practicing Muslim.

...Islamic by birth, American by choice.
View Quote

Cool. No five prayers a day, huh? So you're really culturally Islamic, in the same way that I'm culturally christian. We'll be infidels together!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top