Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 12:01:41 AM EDT
DUI, after three beers--no kidding.  Talking on the cell phone, swerved on into the other lane.  What a bunch of crap...

----THE REST OF THE STORY-----

After being pulled over on my way home from rodeo practice and doing the field sobriety tests (which I passed) I was given a field breathalizer.  I passed it.  The officer called another officer with another breathilizer unit and I had to take the test again, which they said I failed.  So I was put under arrest, and the question of what to do with my vehicle, trailer, and animal came into question.  It was decided the I should take my trailer and horses home and then go to the police station.  So they let me go to drive myself home, unload the horses and unhitch the trailer.  An officer followed me there and I was told to drive to the police station.  (Strange isn't it)  About an hour later, I took the field tests again (passed them again) and the breathalizer test at the police station.  I blew a .0288.  .0288 on three beers, 3 cans of beer!  How the hell is that possible?  And why in the hell if I was "drunk" would the have me drive myself home and then back into town?  I don't understand, anyway I was let go about thirty minutes after all the paperwork was filled out, to drive myself to the atm machine to get bail money, drove back to the police station, paid bail money and went home.  All while "drunk" mind you.  Something is f*cked up here, only in Kansas
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Hrmmmmm.  Its just not a good idea to drink anything and then drive.  Obviously your blood alchohol levels were high enough to warrent the ticket.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hrmmmmm.  Its just not a good idea to drink anything and then drive.  Obviously your blood alchohol levels were high enough to warrent the ticket.
View Quote

Agreed, my view as well.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Were you over 0.8% on 3 beers?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Talking on cell-phone while driving = loser

Drinking and driving = bigger loser

Now you get to pay for it:
- large fine
- loss of driving privileges for a year
- DUI school
- insurance boost

I deserved the DUI I got - .0237

Thank god I did't:
- hurt/kill anyone else
- hurt/kill myself
- cause any property damage

Just got plain pulled over.

Taught me one hell of a lesson. Before that I figured if I could get to my car, all was well. Man what fvcked-up thinking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, let me be the first to say...That sucks!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It's strange how anybody who has ever been pulled over for DUI has only had about three beers.[;)] When I got mine I was incoherently shitfaced.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Beer in one hand, cell phone in the other, what your driving w/ your knee?

I think u did a fine job of giving a self-description with the word [b]CRAP[/b].

Sorry for the flame, but I ride a scoot everyday in Houston, Texas and it's tough enough staying alive w/ yahoos like yourself yackin on a phone while your supposed to be driving. Driving is a privilage and requires a certain ammount of [b]responsibility[/b], so quit your whinning and take your medicine.
You chose to drink, drive and yack, nobody did it for ya.

Count yourself lucky I wasn't in the lane you swerved into, you'd be whinning about the $400-500 dollar dent I'd have put in your door/quarter-panel for not paying attention.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DUI, after three beers--no kidding.  Talking on the cell phone, swerved on into the other lane.  What a bunch of crap...
View Quote

How big were these "three" beers? 32oz?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You decided to drink those three beers.  You decided to drive after drinking.  You decided to be talking on your cell phone while driving.  You decided to take actions that caused you to swerve and get nailed for DUI.  And it's a bunch of crap?  A lot of people die every year because of people who are exactly like you.  You made several bad decisions, those caused you to drive in a careless manner, and you can't even see that you were the only one who was full of crap.

I bet you're the kind of person who blames the gun for negligent discharges too.  Gaston Glock is to blame for guns he designed firing when people pull the trigger on a loaded chamber.

Grow up.  Adults are supposed to take responsibility for their own actions, something you seem to be avoiding like the plague.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Beer in one hand, cell phone in the other, what your driving w/ your knee?

I think u did a fine job of giving a self-description with the word [b]CRAP[/b].

Sorry for the flame, but I ride a scoot everyday in Houston, Texas and it's tough enough staying alive w/ yahoos like yourself yackin on a phone while your supposed to be driving. Driving is a privilage and requires a certain ammount of [b]responsibility[/b], so quit your whinning and take your medicine.
You chose to drink, drive and yack, nobody did it for ya.

Count yourself lucky I wasn't in the lane you swerved into, you'd be whinning about the $400-500 dollar dent I'd have put in your door/quarter-panel for not paying attention.

Mike
View Quote

I second that...  just people on the phone seem to try to run me off the road.  But to be drunk on top of that?  Sinner, I hope you have some time to think about this.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
No sympathy here either.  Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

It took me several more years to quit being an alcoholic and become a recovering alcoholic.  I have no problem with the person I see in the mirror.

Actually, I tell people I haven't really quit - I'm just giving everyone a chance to catch up.  There are only choices that we make in life.  Choosing to drink and drive is not a good one.  Just my unabashed opinion of course.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I second that...  just people on the phone seem to try to run me off the road.  But to be drunk on top of that?  Sinner, I hope you have some time to think about this.
View Quote

From what I gather, you are implying that "all" people who drive while talking on a cell phone, swerve and sometimes cause wrecks. That's like saying all people with guns do drive by shootings and rob convenient stores.

But, in this case, he admitted swerving while on the phone, and admitted having 3 beers...

I don't know the time period that he drank those in, but I believe that the "general rule" (if I remember correctly) is about 1 drink an hour (whine, beer, or 1 shot drink) for a standard size person. I have it in my Bartending for Dummies book at home, I can post a clip from the chart when I get a chance.
[beer]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#13]
You weren't expecting sympathy were you?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're kidding, right?  Perhaps posting drunk?

If not, consider this experience an opportunity to get your shit together.  You might be one of the lucky ones...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#15]
4 AM is a little early to be drinking in my opinion or you were out a little late.  Geez you guys pounced on the man!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd guess he just got back from the police station.

"Stupid is as stupid does"
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#17]
ban cell phones
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I am not trying to pile on here...I have made my share of mistakes!!! However, DUI is a very poor decision these days. I was nearly killed by a Drunk Driver on my 21st bday. A guy in a "borrowed" Ford Bronco ran up my ass at a red light at 30 mph. I was in my brand new car that my parents had given me as a present that very day. My gfriend (now wife) and I were hurled forward at amazing speed and missed a tpole by inches. When the car finally stopped moving, my bucket seats were so mangled that we were facing each other. Driving after drinking is just not the smartest thing to do! Good luck!

edited to add.....thank God for seatbelts...they saved our lives.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#19]
When I think back to when I was young, dumb and full of vigor I shudder when I remember the times that I drove drunk.  I keep thinking that I could have killed someone because of my stupidity.  My wife still gets upset with me for my past (a decade ago) lapses of judgement, and she's right!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm. I remember when states permitted open containers...I lived in Texas for years when open containers were permitted. Sometimes I miss those days....
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hmmm. I remember when states permitted open containers...I lived in Texas for years when open containers were permitted. Sometimes I miss those days....
View Quote

Yeah, I think late last year they passed a law forbidding open containers in TX, except (I think) in limosines, private busses, etc. I would like to know if that also includes an empty container that "used to" have alcohol in it....
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Come on down to MD (leave your guns at home though), anyone but the driver can have an open container (IIRC) and liquor stores have drive up windows, advertising the price of a single, ice cold beer for miles up the road ($.99 for Bud and Miller, IIRC, you dont notice them after a while).

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ban cell phones
View Quote

We should ban alcohol, guns, and cars as well since some people aren't responsible enough to handle them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top