Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/27/2002 9:54:36 PM EDT
I was raised in South Texas by parents who never abused drugs, and I have followed in their footsteps.  I do drink beer, but living in Austin and having never touched weed, I was starting to think I am a rarity.  Just beginning to wonder how rare that is lately.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
unfortunately, having standards is a rarity these days.  i get my high from firepower.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Never smoked it?  I've never even seen it, or heard in person someone say they did.  I read in the local paper that almost 1/3 of the local adults have smoked marijuana.  They must be a 1/3 that either I don't know, or they do and don't talk about it.  I do work with three guys that were kicked off the force due to crack use, but I've never heard them mention marijuana.  Chida66, I don't think you're a rarity.z
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Never done it never will.

Why do I get the feeling that this turn will turn into a big flame war.

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have inhaled but did not puff.

Does that count ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Been around it enough, but never tried the stuff
Figured I could spend my money on more toys
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
unfortunately, having standards is a rarity these days.  
View Quote

We all have standards.

Mine just happen to be low.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
i have never tried it. i may one day when im old and grey but i abhor smoking. if you could pour pot in a cup im sure i would have tried it in my more reckless days
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Does being in the same building with it count?

No, never.

Same with tobacco, couldn't stant being near it on the outside, so I had no incentive to take it on the inside.

So I was innoculated BEFORE I was old enough to learn it was illegal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Never, saw what marijuana and my brother did to my family earlier in life.  That and I hate hippies.  dancing around in the rain, no shoes on, preaching love  and peace.  Going on and on about I need to expand my mind.  I'm perfectly happy being a close minded, heterosexual, Christian, clean cut, god feearing, country loving man.  
Fuckin' HIPPIES!!!!!  [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never, saw what marijuana and my brother did to my family earlier in life.  That and I hate hippies.  dancing around in the rain, no shoes on, preaching love  and peace.  Going on and on about I need to expand my mind.  I'm perfectly happy being a close minded, heterosexual, Christian, clean cut, god feearing, country loving man.  
topcrest, will you be my daddy? you kick ass.
Fuckin' HIPPIES!!!!!  [chainsawkill]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#11]
well, i somehow fucked that posting up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes I feel the same way.  I have never smoked marijuana or done any other drug except alcohol, and I don't drink any more.  The amazing thing is, I'm still a college student...it feels like I'm the only college kid in the world who doesn't drink.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I just noticed that the blood spray in that chainsaw is flying in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Im with Snorkel_Bob.Never touched drugs never will.To many toys on the want list.But theres nothing wrong with a ice'd down beer after pulling a 10 hour day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never done any type of drugs or marijuana. I am very anti drug as illegal drugs have been directly responsible for the death of many friends in RVN and for the loss of my brother in 1975. Fuck drugs, hippies and liberals. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#16]
the only drugs i have used are liqueur and woman
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Never tried it either.

When I was a kid I had known adults who had tried it and to be around them at the time, it gave me a headache strange enough.

Even when in my teens, it didn't give me headaches then, but I still had no interest in it and tried to get away from those who did it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Smoked like a chimney through junior and senior year in high school, quit when I went in the Navy.  Didn't miss it much.  Tried it once when I got out, decided that I didn't like being high all that much anymore.
I say this because I don't think it's the evil thing that some people make it out as (I'm talking about pot here, harder drugs are a different story).  It's like any other intoxicating substance; some people handle it better than others.  [smoke]

All that and I still ended up a, as TopCrest put it, "closed minded, heterosexual, Christian, clean cut, god fearing, country loving man."
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Other than the contact high of living with my band mates who smoked it every day, I have never touched the stuff.  Too much of a self control freak.  Don't drink either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Never tried it. Man, I think I was the only person in my high school that didn't though....but I drank more than anyone else so...I can't say a whole lot about moral standards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Never have, never will!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Hi,

Over here in Holland the stuff is kinda semi-legal.

Many a US tourist come over here every year to smoke their brains out.
[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/qirex/smoke.gif[/img]
Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Waste of $$$$ IMO.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Wish I had all that money back that I wasted on the crap in my younger years.

[:\]

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I like to smoke tons of weed and take acid and then go shoot tracer rounds. weee pretty lights.

just kidding.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
well, i somehow fucked that posting up.
View Quote

Lay off the weed man.

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I made it through the first 46 years of my life without smoking any. Here's to another 46 without smoking any.[8D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Never touched it.  My youth was spent humping rucks and digging fighting positions.  I never had time for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Never ever ever.

A "friend" once offered me some hash once.....so I beat the living shit out of him.

How dare he insult me so.

Damned stoners.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Now let's think back, how many have smoked it out the barrel of a 16 more than 30 years ago, make that 29 or more years ago?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:43:12 AM EDT
[#33]
27 years old, never smoked it never will. Been around it plenty, not something I have ever been interested in. People look at me cross-eyed and don't believe me when I say I've never done it, they think I'm lying to try to be holier than thou...Besides, more gun $$
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Only 26, and drug free. Never tried any drug, never interested me.

Don't drink either. Too many alcoholics is our family tree, and if there is ANY chance that genetics might make you more susceptible to it, I don't want to risk it.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Never have.

I proably would have in my college years, if I smoked, but I never did that either.  In fact, I hate smoking all together.  I just don't see what the hell the point is of doing it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#36]
never had it never will
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Never tried pot (or any drugs), don't smoke cigarettes (tried it, didn't like it), don't drink (tried it, didn't like it either, never been drunk in my life).  People in school/college who did all that used to tell me how much they actually envied me by not doing any of that.  I used to drive my roommate/friends to all the bars and they would buy me all the sodas I wanted as long as I drove them where they wanted to go.  Seen other 'friends' get hurt smoking weed or snorting coke (crash cars, get arrested, etc).  Teaching my kids the same thing.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:29:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Never, not once.  Part of that has to do to the fact that I was raised by actual parents who were involved with my life, kept me busy and sent me to a Catholic (I'm not Catholic) high school.  In addition to busting my A in school, I spent my freetime riding motorcycles, hunting and fishing and a whole lot of shooting.  You know, all those evil things.
   The snotty parents used to frown at my parents for their "irresponsibility" letting me do all of those things.  Meanwhile, their own children, whom they had functionally abandoned for their own country club lives, were getting stoned, drunk, getting in nasty car wrecks, etc, etc.  Of course, they thought their kids were perfect angels preparing for Harvard.

Off soap box now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Never done it, I'm at least the second one in Austin.  Actually kicked a awesome girlfriend out for bringing the crap into my apartment. The money some guys spend on the stuff buys a lot of reloading supplies. I see drug use as a SERIOUS character flaw, the same as alcoholism or being a thief.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Never tried pot (or any drugs), don't smoke cigarettes (tried it, didn't like it), don't drink (tried it, didn't like it either, never been drunk in my life).  People in school/college who did all that used to tell me how much they actually envied me by not doing any of that.  I used to drive my roommate/friends to all the bars and they would buy me all the sodas I wanted as long as I drove them where they wanted to go.  Seen other 'friends' get hurt smoking weed or snorting coke (crash cars, get arrested, etc).  Teaching my kids the same thing.  
View Quote

This is my story, EXACTLY.  University of Georgia in 1990-1994.  However, I did get semi-drunk once when a really hot yankee chick (stranger) bought me a Tequila.  What was I supposed to do?, this had NEVER happened to me before!  Well, I had a few but I remember the whole thing as she ended up in bed with my room mate.  I don't think she thought my lifestyle was very exciting being a chemistry geek and all.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Never done it. My reality is warped as it is.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:07:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Nope, never have, and at 42 there is certainly no reason to start now.

I was talking to my best friend who is the School Resource Officer in our home town over Thanksgiving. He said he thought that overall drug use has made a drastic decline since we were in school (class of '78.)

I told him that's because all the dopers have moved to the mountains. I've been here since Aug. '89 and I have found [b]ONE[/b] person who claims to have never tried it, he's about 5 years younger. And only one person who tried it only once. She's a year older and puked on her shoes or something and never tried it again.

It isn't hard to find people 10-12 years older who have never tried it. But you don't find very many any younger.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Aaaah MaryJane.  I knew her well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#46]
20 Years old never tried the stuff or any other drug.  Had lots of friends that did.  Guess I am too much of a control freak.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I haven't smoked marijuana today.

I won't smoke marijuana today.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm with Ratter and Beekeeper:  Too much of a self-control freak.  Don't drink either.  I worked too hard to develop my self-control to yeild it to chemicals.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#50]
It's the devil's weed I tell ya! [):)]

BTW:  Those that have laid claim to NEVER using any drugs, must realize that caffeine is the #1 abused drug there is...  This means that coffee, tea and soda drinkers are getting their fill of caffeine on a regular basis.  Even the products that are labled "Decaffeinated" or "Caffeine Free" have a specific quantity of it!  Ounce for ounce, chocolate has has the largest levels of caffeine than any other food/beverage substance.

Many have stated that their families have been ripped apart by drugs and alcohol, and that was also the case in my wife's home, growing up.  On the otherhand, quite the opposite for me...  I was raised in an ultra-conservative family of "workaholics", and that was no better.  The first time I ever really went fishing with my father was on my 30th birthday... [beer]

Now, I personally have a very differing view on drugs than most people care to admit...  My feeling is that so long as it can't directly hurt another human being, then have at it.  I've tried ([i]and fully enjoyed[/i]) everything known to man, with the exception of peyote... and that's only because I could never find any!

Do I do drugs these days...  Hell no!  I have a family to care for and can't risk the illegal aspects of partaking anymore ([i]especially in this business[/i]), but if the laws ever change, I most certainly will as well.

I am a very consertive hippie, and there's a lot more of us than most of you will ever realize! [8P]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top