Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 6:18:07 PM EDT
I don't know about others, but it BOGGLES MY MIND how many topics get repeated on a WEEKLY basis on these boards.  It reminds me of the old saying "If I had a dime for every time...etc. etc."  A majority of them are from newbies I suppose, but come on...can't you see the "Search" button at the top of the page!?!?!?

Oh yeah, and you have to pick HOW FAR BACK TO SEARCH...it's not surprising when you do a search for the last 24 hours and don't get any hits.   SHEESH!

So, what is everyone's most frustrating/humorous/most-often-seen topics that get repeated?  A couple of mine are:

*What CCW pistol should I buy?
*Are chrome barrels better?
*What's your favorite .45 pistol, Kimber or HK?

[pyro]              [50]

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/lastweek.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]So can I just buy one of those $125 Auto Sears out of Shotgun news and pay a $200 tax and have a fullauto M16?[/b]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know about others, but it BOGGLES MY MIND how many topics get repeated on a WEEKLY basis on these boards.  It reminds me of the old saying "If I had a dime for every time...etc. etc."  A majority of them are from newbies I suppose, but come on...can't you see the "Search" button at the top of the page!?!?!?

Oh yeah, and you have to pick HOW FAR BACK TO SEARCH...it's not surprising when you do a search for the last 24 hours and don't get any hits.   SHEESH!

So, what is everyone's most frustrating/humorous/most-often-seen topics that get repeated?  A couple of mine are:

*What CCW pistol should I buy?
*Are chrome barrels better?
*What's your favorite .45 pistol, Kimber or HK?

[pyro]              [50]

View Quote

if this is all you've got to worry about, what a nice life you must have.  sure it gets annoying sometimes, but just skip the damn topic if you're not interested.  it's like re-runs of shows we watched when they weren't re-runs.  you like the show, you watch the re-runs.  you didn't like the show, you don't watch the re-runs.  whoa.  that was hard to figure out!

aside from that, since everybody will have a slightly different set of criteria for carrying, i don't think it's unreasonable for that topic to come up repeatedly.  have a little patience.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
This type of shit (complaining) annoys me to no end. I see it all the time on the somethingawful forums.

A newb or a vet whom hasn't logged in for a while asks a question or posts something thats been previously posted.

Typical responses:

That's what the search function is for, asshole!!

Use the f@#ing search, asshat!!

That search button is there for a reason fu@#face!!

Give 'em a break!! Sheesh!![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Doublefeed;

Have you looked at the Sigs?

I have a P239 in .357 Sig.

I really like it.  Mine's DA/SA and I think I could have lived just fine with the DA only.  Hellauva nice trigger.

I don't think there is much benefit of chrome barrels in a hand gun.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originaly by Tailgate

So, what is everyone's most [b][size=5]frustrating[/size=5][/b]/humorous/most-often-seen topics that get repeated?

View Quote

Oh ya...

People taking over a topic or newbies talking bad about other newbies

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I just heard a story about PETA putting vests on deer, which made them easier to shoot. anyone heard of this? also, what is your favorite gun?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't we cover this topic just a little while ago?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#11]
AR Lady and Toaster:

I think you are misunderstanding me somewhat.  I am not totally flaming people because I am sure I have been guilty of re-posting a common topic.

The point of THIS topic is to find out which topics everyone sees the most.  As for Toaster's comments, I have never flamed someone like that at all, and consider it poor form anyway.

You must admit, it's pretty funny/ridiculous/frustrating to see two topics that have almost identical titles and subjects up on the same board at the same time...sometimes on the same page!

Here's another one of my "favorite" repeat topics...

Are Rock River Arms receivers any good?    YES, DAMMIT, YES!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Would that include this topic, too?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96891[/url]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You must admit, it's pretty funny/ridiculous/frustrating to see two topics that have almost identical titles and subjects up on the same board at the same time...sometimes on the same page!
View Quote

Dumbass.

[url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96891][b]SEARCH TOOL abstainers... deja vu all over again[/b][/url] was posted by Schnert a couple days ago.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This type of shit (complaining) annoys me to no end.
View Quote

Kettle.

Pot.

Black.

'nuff said?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Would that include this topic, too?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96891[/url]
View Quote

DOH...!
So is Wolf ammo any good...?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]
As a rule, any ammo brand is a good choice as long as it's in the correct caliber.  specially since a faster 9mm is better than a slower .45.

[:P]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#17]
All [i]I[/i] know is that I used to love the 'BOD' threads and they're gone... never to be repeated.  Those topics could've been dredged up a few more times, IMO.

If'n you don't like the topic, git out of the thread!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dumbass.

[url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96891][b]SEARCH TOOL abstainers... deja vu all over again[/b][/url] was posted by Schnert a couple days ago.
View Quote

Who's the "dumbass?"  

If you notice, Schnert's topic was created AFTER my topic (look at the time stamps) for all you smart-alec's out there referencing his post.  

Nice try, but it amazes me that you would THINK that the topic title could be SO accurate with the unique combination of words I PURPOSELY used to prevent just this sort of adolescent humor.

Oh well.  Your guns are probably bigger than mine...must be compensating for something else!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi. I am new to this site. What do I need to file down to make my AR15 fully automatic?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#21]
"What's the difference between the Remington 700 PSS and VSS rifle?  Tell me now because I am buying in one hour."
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a naked picture of Janet Reno bursting into Elian Gonzales' Room
terrifying him and all present...but I just couldnt bring myself to post it
as The B.O.D.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This type of shit (complaining) annoys me to no end.
View Quote

Kettle.

Pot.

Black.

'nuff said?
View Quote

Good point. I was complaining. I guess.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#24]
While we are on this subject, which is better the AR-15 or the AK-47??
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#25]
tailgate you really need to lighten up, because

A - There's more to life than ar15.com,

B - You can always just skip the repeat threads,

and

C - Bashing newbies to the board doesn't do anything to promote gun ownership.

Let me expand on C for a bit...

It always frustrates me when the local range know-it-alls either ignore the new people in the mix or openly make fun of them.  Then as soon as the frustrated newbie leaves these know-it-alls never fail to bemoan the fact that the anti-gun lobby seems to be winning the PR war.  Duh!

It pays to take some time with people who are new to the sport.  If that means explaining the difference between such pedestrian subjects as pre and post ban then do it!

So, if you don't care to answer a repeated thread, go onto something new.

No flame intended.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
tailgate you really need to lighten up, because

...C - Bashing newbies to the board doesn't do anything to promote gun ownership.
View Quote

Well, obvious you don't understand my thread, because I would not consider this post as bashing newbies.  ALTHOUGH, I would think that ANY newbie to a board would take a look around first to keep from embarrassing themselves.

Heck, I am as polite to newbies as I am to everyone else...I am a newbie any time I take up a new interest or join another board/organization, etc.  In fact, I like helping people.

SO, I will request that the Moderators lock this thread and/or delete it since no one seems to get my point.

Lighten up, people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]
What does BTT mean?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Hello everybody!

[newbie]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top