Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 5:07:29 PM EDT
Well I got into a conversation about the Euro and the European Union today with a coworker and found myself not educated enough on the subject.

I read some stuff about it a few years ago, but haven't kept up enough on the issue to put up a decent arguement.

I know to some degree about the crap banking regulation involved, but would like to know more.

IMO, any step towards the idea of a one world government is a bad idea. The idea of relinquishing a nations sovereignty in the name of making business easier is bunk.

What do you guys think.

Also, this guy quoted a crazy fact saying that the Euro has already cornered 37% of the international monetary market. Sounded like b.s. to me, but haven't payed enough the markets. How well had the Euro faired so far?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]

to me, this is one of those issues that can be supported from any perspective depending on what is important to you. but the issues and number of variables  invovled don't really lend themselves to casual conversation or even an argument. i'm surprised a coworker would even try to get into it about this.

either way, i'm really not sure what that 37% figure is supposed to mean. the euro has been weak on the international currency markets and is not far from its all time low.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top