Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 1:55:02 PM EDT
I was talking with a few of you folks and I decided to let you all know whats going on. My Unit along with a few others of the 2/180 FA Reg got activated for a 6-mo deployment to the AZ/Mexico Boarder to assist the Boarder Patrol and INS.

Should be interesting!

We are doing our PCI (Pre-Combat Inspections) until Monday morning... Then we are getting shipped out to Fort Bliss for a week or two for deployment briefings and inital loadout and then back here to AZ to begin the mission.

God I hope they get some air transport... I am not looking forward to a bus ride from Phoenix to El Paso with a bunch of pissed off guardsmen... ehehehhe

Anyhow thats all I know for now, I will keep everybody that cares up to date...

Peace out

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey!! Good luck down here. The weather is cold (from a natives point of view), actually just cool.

Personally, I think we should be able to get a hunters license for illegal immigrants. It would be a hoot to setup out in the desert and drop a couple coming across the boarder. No baiting allowed.

This should slow down the flood.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck down there! My unit (1/105th INF)has Canada border patrol voluntarily right now, same duration 6mos. Between that, and misc security details unfilled soon they will no longer be voluntary. I am not deployable yet, basic/ait is scheduled for August (earliest slot). Keep us up to date!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top