Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2001 8:24:11 PM EDT
Ok, if the HK rebuilds are POS, along with the Century FAL's, are the $500 CETME's the answer for someone who wants an inexpensive .308 rifle?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Had one briefly, put about a hundred rounds through it without a jam.   Sights leave a lot to be desired, and the first time you disassemble the damn thing you'll have to use a hammer and punch, but I understand it smooths out as you shoot it. Sold mine to finance something else, but it's not a bad rifle for the money.
Personally I would go with a Century FAL first, though---you can always have the kinks worked out by a smith, if necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top