Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 5:15:58 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/635460/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Next month we will be reading:

"They search people in the park, they go through the parking lot every day and look in cars," said Keith Kinsella. "They found a pie in my car and told me I'd be facing six months' jail time if I ever brought the pie back."

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
And they wonder why home schooling is an increasing trend.....  I would sue the frick out of the school if my future kid was dragged down the hallway after throwing a pie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
They got what they all begged for, now they are finding that the yoke doesn't feel so great.

F'em.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They got what they all begged for, now they are finding that the yoke doesn't feel so great.

F'em.
View Quote

Well said [b]hielo[/b], well said.

This along with the little girl suspended for a week for bringing a "Tweety Bird" key chain to class and the little boy suspended for pointing  his finger and going "bang-bang".

The cows have certainly come home to roost! ...or something like that[%|]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
"It creates a dangerous atmosphere for kids. This was definitely the appropriate response."

Arresting an otherwise good kid for a food fight?  Ever hear of in school suspension or external suspension for insubordination and destruction of property? (Pie on shoulder.)  This is a disgusting story, I'm sorry you posted it.  It reminds me of the kindergartener who was suspended for sexual harrassment for kissing a classmate.  

Sledgehammer to the fly once again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"This is an institution of learning, this isn't a playground,"

dang...and to think...the schools i attended had playgrounds on the premises.

sure glad the gestapo didn't break up our food fights (campy fondly remembers the '60's).

i guess toga parties would be considered inapropriate, too.

i sure hope those arrests don't make it on to those kids' permenant records!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if it was a legal pre-ban assault cream pie or an illegal conversion of a post-ban cream pie? [X]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
They can't be serious? Those folks have too much time on their hands.  The Columbine shootout was an anolomoly that probably won't happen their again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
For some strange reason, Columbine High School has little or no tolerance for dumb ass behavior.

I just don't understand it.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For some strange reason, Columbine High School has little or no tolerance for dumb ass behavior.

Jay
View Quote

Considering that most if not all of the students that were there that day have graduated and the new kids have no experience of tragedy then they need to LEARN to have tolerance.

This is all about pampering the psyche's of the ADULT staff. And that being the case, the staff should be disbanded and scattered amongst other high schools and other teachers hired or transferred in.

They cant seem to keep their personal greef out of their professional lives and now they are inflicting it on totally innocent young people who have no relation to the original incident.

Using greif over a past loss to impose your beliefs on others totally unconnected to your loss is ALWAYS WRONG- that is how Sarah Brady was created.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]"They found a baseball bat in my car and told me I'd be facing six months' jail time if I ever brought the bat back."[/b]

Soon you will be seeing this article:

Columbine Sports Officials argue with the local school board on issues as to why the baseball team strikes out 27 times each game. Officials state that the students are not allowed to possess the proper equipment needed to play the sport.  School board officials issued this statement...."its for the safety of the children."

Or..

Columbine High School Baseball Team held on felony weapons charges!  

The local columbina School Baseball team is being held on One Million Dollars bond after a search during a baseball game reveiled the possession of 28 illegaly converted baseball bats.

medcop
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
arrested for a food fight
damn
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I got kicked out of high school for a food fight but I didn't get arrested!

My aim wasn't as good I guess.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

Considering that most if not all of the students that were there that day have graduated and the new kids have no experience of tragedy then they need to LEARN to have tolerance.

This is all about pampering the psyche's of the ADULT staff. And that being the case, the staff should be disbanded and scattered amongst other high schools and other teachers hired or transferred in.

They cant seem to keep their personal greef out of their professional lives and now they are inflicting it on totally innocent young people who have no relation to the original incident.

Using greif over a past loss to impose your beliefs on others totally unconnected to your loss is ALWAYS WRONG- that is how Sarah Brady was created.
View Quote

The difference here (IMHO) is that this was a "premeditated" food fight as opposed to a "heat of passion" food fight.

It's one thing to have a food fight in school, and another to plan for it days in advance.

And the school admin and SRO's did tell the kids that they could have the food fight outside the building in a soocer or footbal field, but one or two students apparently didn't like that idea:
I wonder if they liked juvenile detention instead.

They are lucky it was only misdmeanor charges:

In Arizona, they could have been charged with a felony for disrupting the school.

Jay
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll never forget one fine day in middle school. We had lunch in a room that had a stage on one end, fully carpeted, and a gymnasium high ceiling. The engineers were seriously confused. Anyway, this was a brand new school, we were the 1st students to attend. One day they served grapes. Never again. It is amazing how high a grape will go when launched from a spoon suspended over a fulcrum. [:)]

Can you say grape mortar?  hehe heh

Never saw a grape in that school again. No one was injured, maimed, suspended, or timed out.

-elliott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top