Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2002 3:23:13 PM EDT
I posted on here last Sat eve about a Kimber I had found in a gun store and was debating going back to get it or not.

Well of course I went back and got it.It turned out to be a used Kimber Classic (Series I)that the previous owner had changed the grips on to wood, not a Royal like I suspected, but that is great because I intend to shoot it and with all the problems with the Series II

Anyway I got it used LNIB for 500. The store was Scheels. I know some ppl aren't hip on them, but you gotta love a store that sells guns in a big yuppie mall in liberal town like Iowa City Iowa!!

So I looked it over really well and in the box is a reciept for the grips with the previous owners name. I called him up today to ask about the history and function of the pistol and he says he doesn't know - he never fired it since buying it new, only traded it in beacuse his new wife wanted him to -AHHH good for me bad for him!! I had looked on the gun auction boards and it is hard to find a Kimber for this price, so finnaly I think I came out on the better end...just had to post and gloat even though I will probably be shot down

Later

IAJack

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Deal, Man!  I hope that you really get to enjoy you new gun.  That kind of deal reminds me of the kind of luck that my brother has.  He once call in to radio show and won a complete 35mm camera system.  He thought it was going to be some cheesy cheapo system.  It turned out to be a top of the line (at the time) Canon AE-1 SLR system.  All I ever win is some sorry ashtray, and I don't even smoke.

Vulcan94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top