Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2001 5:40:45 PM EDT
Saw this on shotgunnews.com

AR-15 PRE-'81 drop in auto sear with batf letter. Highest quality - limited quantity. $130 in any quantity delivered. Delivered 3-day mail until they are gone. Postal Money Order only. PO Box 151142, Ft Worth, TX 76108-1142.

So for $130 and a $200 dollar stamp I can go FA?

Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In a word, no.  Some think this is a gov.org sting.

IIRC, you can own one of these, but not be in possession of one and an AR-15.  Pre-81 status makes this an unregistered sear, and can never be made part of a legal full auto anything...

This question comes up periodically.  It's a no-go. Sorry
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-81 status makes this an unregistered sear, and can never be made part of a legal full auto anything...

Unless you are a CII dealer, who the ad may be targeting.  If that is their intention fine, but it seems as though they are trying to screw people by not mentioning that you can not legally use them w/o a CII.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

IIRC, you can own one of these, but not be in possession of one and an AR-15.  Pre-81 status makes this an unregistered sear, and can never be made part of a legal full auto anything...

View Quote

Thanks for the info.  It's not really my thing but I KNEW that couldn't be right!
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Another victimless crime.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

......that this is not {from most dealers} a sting. However you won't get true full auto with just an auto sear, you need a few more parts which I prefer not to go into. With just an auto sear you will be lucky to even double.

I will say this AR-15 upper guts are not M-16 upper guts.

Jake

{edited cause I kept worrying about this freaking post!}
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
There are full auto parts all over the place for all kinds of rifles but usually it takes more than just a few parts dropped in to make them work.  At least thats what I thought.

Link Posted: 3/18/2001 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Another victimless crime.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO [:D]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no real work involved with the Stoner design just obtaining the correct parts is all.

Jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top