Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 5:52:55 AM EDT
I may have to take a job in Baltimore.  

If I remember correctly Maryland has fairly restrictive gun laws. Can anyone provide a list of items I can't own there?  

I currently have the following evil rifles

2 - AR-15s (Post Ban)
1 - SLR 95 (AK)
1 - SAR-8 (HK-91 Clone)
1 - SKS  
Several 20 and 30 round magazines
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
R U friggen nutz????

NEVER move to a state where your liberties are restricted.

To paraphrase a great American "He who would surrender essential liberties for a little temporary [money] deserves neither liberty nor [money.]

Seriously, I would NEVER move to Maryland, CT, Kali, New York, Illinois.

Find another way to make a living.

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to live in Maryland.  You dont need a job that bad, friend.  Find another line of work if necessary.  Maryland sucks.  It is not only anti-gun, it is incredibly corrupt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, Md does suck, but you should be Ok with your rifles though as they are still allowed for sale here. The 20 rounders are fine, I'm not sure how the law works on bringing in 30's though. The state law allows for over 20's to be grandfathered and it is the burden of the state to prove that you didn't own them before the ban, but since you are moving in from out of state I don't know how it works.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell me about it.  It's not my first choice by far.  I may be able to work out of their Charleston, SC or Tampa, FL offices but they seem to be pushing me toward Baltimore.  It may kill the deal.

There is still some hope I sent a resume to a firm with offices in Denver, CO, Virgina Beach, VA, and San Fransico, CA.  I hope they don't try to send me to San Fransico.

Worst case I may store my "evil weapons"  with my parents in Missouri and work for this company in Baltimore until I find something else.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I may have to take a job in Baltimore.  

If I remember correctly Maryland has fairly restrictive gun laws. Can anyone provide a list of items I can't own there?  

I currently have the following evil rifles

2 - AR-15s (Post Ban)
1 - SLR 95 (AK)
1 - SAR-8 (HK-91 Clone)
1 - SKS  
Several 20 and 30 round magazines
View Quote

Sorry to hear that, but we'll welcome you.

If you come up here, swing by the [url=http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite]Maryland AR15 Shooters Site[/url] and sign up.  We'll get you out to some of our shoots.

Your magazines are fine.  You can't buy, sell or transfer magazines larger than 20 rounds in MD, but possession is fine.  Recommend you buy a Beta-C and more 30's before you get here, else you'll have to travel out of state.

Some AR-15's are considered "Regulated Firearms".  HBar Colts and Bushmasters are exempted.  If you have something else, you may have to declare it, but most of these regs deals with purchases, so I'm not sure.

Many AK's are also regulated firearms, as is the SKS w/detachable magazine.  I don't see the SAR-8 listed, so it should be okay.

I will call the State Police and get the issue clarified for you and post up the results.

Their number is 410-799-0191 ext 324, if you want to try yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top