Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 7:55:54 AM EDT
Hi y'all, been a while..good to see you, how's the wife and kids..anyway

trying to come up with ideas fo carrying a p-32 while running, I've been working out hard lately and while I've "gotten big" (well somewhat anyway) I've also got myself a nice little layer of fat going on that I'm just statrting to try to run off (I know I should have been the whole time blah blah) and the place I'm going to has had bad junk happen sometimes and I'd be going at odd hours Yippee. first of all does anyone make a regular holster small enough for it, and secondly what's you guys suggestions for carrying?

A buddy came up with and idea of having some types of straps going over each shoulder and crossingover my heart and crossing in the back and holding the holster to my chest preferably with muzzle angled 45degrees up towards my left shoulder, I don't really like that one since I think to get it tight enough to where it doesn't flop around is going to probably be uncomfortable, I couldn't go shirtless. and I could trip and fall on it.

my idea and I don't know if this is possible would be to have the holster right at my waist line in my back somehow supported independantly where I could put shorts or sweats on over it and hopefully have it covered enough that I could go shirtless if it gets warm enough (hopefully I'll be in a condition to do so by the time it gets warm enough) But how would I hold it secure independently of whatever bottoms I'm wearing? nylon strap or someone suggested surgical tubing and the fact that this area of my body is probably the part that got THE softest doesn't help things either.

what about some kind of ankle-holster but how would you hide it with shorts on?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Duct Tape
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are talking about the Kel-Tec P-32, get the belt clip attachment.  With the p32 clipped inside your waistband, at a casual glance it will look like a pocket knife.  I haven't tried it while running because I'm allergic to running.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Option A: Extra Belt Style
Step 1: Get a belt clip for the P-32
Step 2: Attach clip to P-32
Step 3: Get a belt
Step 4: Put the belt on your body.
Step 5: Attach P-32 to belt
Step 6: Put on bottoms of choice.

Option B: Front Pouch Style

Choice 1: Spend $35 at http://www.action-direct.com/defender.htm

Choice 2: Spend $45 (or more for options)  at  http://www.smartcarry.com/

Hope this helps  :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Belt clip
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The Smart Carry under the shorts holster, mentioned above might be a solution.

How about a fanny pack, rotated around so that it rides at the small of your back?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
try a belly band. Action Direct sells them as do some others. Good Luck. John
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd just keep it in your hand... you never know when someone may refuse to use a towel on the machines when they're done...

Of course, the sauna presents a different challenge.  Perhaps a large condom, some KY, and a deep breath?

[:D]

Thunderwear?

[img]http://www.thunderwear.com/images/belly.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thunderwear?

[img]http://www.thunderwear.com/images/belly.jpg[/img]
View Quote

A gun pointed at my dick all the time. Hooray, all my dreams finally come true [bounce]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Need a gun at the gym?  All *my* nightmares have come true.

Of course, *she* doesn't have that problem...
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I do 5 miles a day with a P32 (hey, it beats being unarmed, and it weights 6 ounces...)

I use a belly band, the one I have does not point down at my jewels, and allows fast access while staying secure while running.

I also used (for a while) an arm band made for a sony walkman, the gun fight nicely, it was to slow to presentation for me.

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Tuck it, lovingly, between your ass cheeks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#12]
 The easiest method is the "fanny pack". I have carried various guns running all the time for 15 years and still use the same small pouch. It's not made special for guns. The draw I have developed is to draw with the trigger finger on the outside of the pouch. It works great. I have been carrying a 642 for 10 years but have carried larger heavier guns in the pst without problems. You can wash the pouch when it gets nasty. I never have fired while running but have drawn on dogs and a crazy guy with a golf club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top