Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2002 8:37:52 PM EDT
On February 24, 2002, The Olympic Gold Medal game in men's hockey will be played.  The finalists are Team USA and Team CANADA. If you're a hockey fan, this will be [b]THE[/b] game to watch. The depth of talent for both teams is nothing short of amazing.

[size=5]GO [red]U[/red][white]S[/white][blue]A[/blue]!!!!!!!!!!![/size=5]

The game will be televised on NBC and CBC at 3:00pm (EST).

Here's some info on The Teams semi-final rounds:

[url]http://www.nhl.com/olympics2002/gamers/usa_rus022202.html[/url]

[url]http://www.nhl.com/olympics2002/gamers/can_bel022202.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sad to say this, but I am torn on this one.  I am American, go USA and all that, but my favorite all time hockey player is on Canada.

So I don't know who to root for.  Mario Lemieux or for the USA (my country, but a team of people I don't care for).  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I really hope we (USA) win this one. But I also hope the US team does not do what the womens team did, use the Canadian flag as a door-mat.If this was true, it was very poor taste and a slam to the Canadians for the support they gave us after 9/11. Can anyone confirm this actually happened. You think it would have been all over the Canadaian networks, such as CBMT. Or is someome on this board just trying to stir the sh@t. Anyway go USA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The flag incident was all over the Canadian news but only for a shot time.  The powers that be did not want to be made out as Sore Winners!!

The American coach I understand has stated that they made did not do it.  Our girls say that they did in fact see the flag on the floor..

Who are you going to believe..

OH BTW I do not try and stir the shit as a general rule.

As it is the Canadians are due for a Gold....afterall we invented the damned game and have not won a gold medal in 50 years!!!

I just hope that all our high paid multimillionares can keep their collective egos in check long enough to win.......wait?? Your team will have the same problem.

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
So are the russians going to pull out of the olympics now since they have nothing to look forward to?

I am just wanting to see a good game. Being a Canadian living in the US, a good hockey game would be fine regardless of who wins.  Not like the US basketball dream team in the olypics. A good game is not beating every team by 40+ points because your team is all proffesional athletes.

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
beating every team by 40+ points .[beer]
View Quote

Lets see.........

1 point awarded for a goal from the slot.
2 points awarded for a goal outside the slot.
3 points awarded for a goal past the blue line.

We probably still wouldn't see a 40 goal game.......DAMN!!! It would be interesting though!!!

DK [:D]

[b]GO TEAM USA!!![/B]  [BEER]  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
U S A. U S A. U S A!
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Being from Detroit, it's hard to choose sides on this.

USA: Chelios, Hull
Canada: Yzerman, Shanahan

Have to go with Cananda...Yzerman is a long-timer, and a class act all-around. Shanahan too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah -- How great does the gold medal game of the 2002 Winter Olympics figure to be? Who better to ask than the "Great One" himself?...........
.........."The reality is simple, " Gretzky said. "No one will remember who finished second. People will remember who won, and that's it. That's the impact."

[b]That's what's on the line.[/b]

[url]http://www.nhl.com/olympics2002/preview_usa_v_can_gold.html[/url]

[size=3]The Teams:[/size=3]

[size=3][red]CAN[/red][white]ADA[/white]:[/size=3]

BELFOUR, Ed
BLAKE, Rob
BREWER, Eric
BRODEUR, Martin
FLEURY, Theo
FOOTE, Adam
GAGNE, Simon
IGINLA, Jarome
JOSEPH, Curtis
JOVANOVSKI, Ed
KARIYA, Paul
LEMIEUX, Mario
LINDROS, Eric
MACINNIS, Al
NIEDERMAYER, Scott
NIEUWENDYK, Joe
NOLAN, Owen
PECA, Mike
PRONGER, Chris
SAKIC, Joe
SHANAHAN, Brendan
SMYTH, Ryan
YZERMAN, Steve

[size=3][red]U[/red][white]S[/white][blue]A[/blue]:[/size=3]

AMONTE, Tony
BARRASSO, Tom
CHELIOS, Chris
DEADMARSH, Adam
DRURY, Chris
DUNHAM, Mike
GUERIN, Bill
HOUSLEY, Phil
HULL, Brett
LECLAIR, John
LEETCH, Brian
MILLER, Aaron
MODANO, Mike
POTI, Tom
RAFALSKI, Brian
RICHTER, Mike
ROENICK, Jeremy
ROLSTON, Brian
SUTER, Gary
TKACHUK, Keith
WEIGHT, Doug
YORK, Mike
YOUNG, Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top