Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2002 6:04:50 PM EDT
To borrow a regular feature from the WSJ's [url]www.OpinionJournal.com[/url]. . . .

[url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/editorialsopinion/134408944_frilets22.html[/url] [fourth letter]

[b]American Taliban[/b]

Failure to communicate

Recent news about the case of John Walker Lindh gives an indication of how far this country has gone from the principles it was founded on. The government plans to try him on a "trumped up" charge of plotting to kill Americans. However, he was only supporting the Taliban government in repelling criminal invaders.

There was never any declaration of war; therefore, when American troops entered Afghanistan, they were merely criminals and George Bush was nothing more than an "Al Capone" in command of the world's most powerful criminal gang!

Of course, it is also known that all legal advice was denied Lindh by the military until the government was able to fabricate its charges against him.

I hope other Americans can see through the government's ploy and keep Lindh free. Although the Taliban were nothing more than the "Nazis" of Afghanistan, with what this country is becoming, it is easy to understand why Lindh would give them his support.

- Duane Grindstaff, Kent [,Washington]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.. What brilliant logic.. I guess the attacks on the Pentagon, and the WTC were justifiable in his mind?  

So what is this guy drinking/smoking/injecting?

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
And y'all think that PRK is a liberal haven!?!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
[rolleyes] Oy Vay!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
[:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That's as moronic a statement as anything else I've heard spewed forth from the mouths of waay left liberals...  

I'll chip in for the guys plane ticket to Kandahar.  He can put his touchy-feely welfare state ass to work building his 'New Afghanistan' into a liberal utopian state.

Or he'd get shot by the locals.

Either way, I'd be happy.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's as moronic a statement as anything else I've heard spewed forth from the mouths of waay left liberals...  

View Quote
The same crap has been spewed by some waay right nutcases, including some on here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
The same crap has been spewed by some waay right nutcases, including some on here.
View Quote

You're absolutely correct, but I haven't seen McUzi here in a while.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez...I don't know about that.  Read his letter about a dozen times and still not sure where he's coming from.  His use of quotations can be interpreted more than one way.  He should post on this forum.  Imbro would be pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top