Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2001 12:55:42 PM EDT
OKay, got some Q's on that 12 guage shot gun that is based on the AK47 operating system.  Has a 5 round detachable mag, synthetic stock and forgrip, 22"(?) barrel (full choke).  Saw one in the last few days, used being sold.  Has a nice pattern for 00 buck shot at 25 yards (all 9 pellets on the paper..most in the X a nd close by).

Any one here own one of these semi auto shotguns.  Info on them, pro's & con's?  Price of extra mags?

Thanks for any info.

Kaliburz
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
the only relation to ak`s is in the gas system used to operate the weapon. what you have to do is compare quality of design, based on history of performance/sales,cost-etc. best overall, cost effective, reliable design, is remington 1100.....others are as good, possibly, but more costly. nothing else to consider.....B&G..........[shotgun]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Youre referring to the Saiga series shotguns, there are several variants available, for example Saika 12K, 12C. We reserved 25 of them, and our shipment to here in Finland is jammed cause of our internal ministry, theyr not sure about what weapon class it actually is(it has a folding stock, but doesnt work when folded, to Russian regulations), and were sitting on hot pokers trying to explain to our customers why we still dont have them. Looks like a great weapon, detachable mags, AK reliability, if we could just get them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I never gave the thing a second thought when I first saw them being advertised, but after 'playing' w/ one and shooting it, it perked my interests.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
the saiga is dead nut kalshnikov reliable. i've seen 3 mags put thru one as fast as the trigger could be pulled...perfect function.

5 rd. saiga 12ga. mags retail at around $42/each. 8 rd. leo mags are about $49/each.

the firearm is available with either full or half chokes. it comes with a 19" or 24" chrome lined bbl.. hardwood stocks are also available.

the leo version has the traditional ak pistol grip and ak-74 style sidefolding buttstock.

it is also available in 20ga. and .410ga.

see:  www.weapons-russian.com  

Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Youre referring to the Saiga series shotguns...... Looks like a great weapon, detachable mags, AK reliability, if we could just get them.
View Quote

Another thing is, I figure it's only a matter of time before someone gets the idea of banning this too...for the points you just mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top