Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2001 12:29:30 PM EDT
I will be getting my first AR in the next few months.  Most likely a Rock River Arms CAR A2 (16" barrel, mid length handguard, A2 buttstock).  I am wondering what type of accessories would be good to start out with?

I was thinking that perhaps a muzzle brake and some sort of front mount would make sense.  At the moment I'm considering this mount:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/slings/yhm-639.htm[/url]
and this brake:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/yhm-259p.htm[/url]

I am considering that mount, because I think a tactical light would make sense as a future purchase, and I want to mount the light beneath the barrel (since I can fire right or left handed).

What exactly does having a muzzle brake gain me?

I am open to any suggestions, different brands, or different accessories that would make more sense.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
*'Rifle case' w/ mag pouches on the side.
* extra magazines (20, 30 or 40 rounders)
* sling for rifle
* cleaning kit for butt stock

Brain not working yet....that's all it'll let me think of.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good ideas, thanks.
What companies sell a variety of good cases and slings?
I allready have a couple of spare magazines and I'm sure I can pick up a cleaning kit at my local shop.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I will stick with just a plain rifle at first, but I still need to know a good source for a decent case and a sling.  I'd prefer a hard case that I can lock.  As far as a sling, I don't know what I want.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are not already aware of it, check out the group purchse "2001 Limited Edition" rifle, and all of it's recommended accessories.

The rifle is a very customized and laser engraved Rock River "M4 Tactical Carbine" and is selling for only $660 delivered!

[url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top