Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2002 8:23:12 PM EDT
Dear Vote.com Voter,

California's Secretary of State Bill Jones, a Republican running for Governor, has asked us to forward this e mail to you.  Vote.com takes no position in political races, but does forward e mails from candidates to its voters on request. Thanks.

---From Bill Jones for Governor---

All Republican voters,

Thank you for taking the time to vote on Vote.com.  As Secretary of State for California, I follow carefully the votes you send me and I deeply appreciate them.

There have been three gubernatorial debates now behind us.  And I might add -- the media has declared me the winner of each debate!

All that is left now is Election Day!

I am the best candidate to beat Gray Davis. I don't need to tell you that Davis has increased state spending by 25 percent during his tenure, while raising our taxes by $1.2 billion.  I also don't need to tell you that Davis locked California into long-term energy contracts at twice the market price while accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars for his campaign from Enron and other energy companies that profited at our expense.

Gray Davis has got to go! The only question remaining is, who will replace him?

First, let me ask you a few questions.

As a hard working, loyal, voting Republican, would you give Gray Davis $78,500 of your hard earned money? Would you call Bill Clinton "the Greatest Leader in the Free World?" Of course not! But Dick Riordan did.

Did you miss voting in any Republican primaries since 1992? Did you fail to vote for important initiatives such as the Defense of Marriage Act, reforming bilingual education or protecting the two-thirds vote on school bonds?   Did you fail to vote for Bob Dole or George W. Bush? Of course not! But Bill Simon did.   Bill Simon has never voted in a California primary election since he moved to California in 1990. During that same time, he failed to vote in all the Los Angeles Municipal elections as well.  Bill even failed to vote for his "good friend" Dick Riordan for Mayor. (OK, maybe we can overlook that one!)

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My campaign chairman, and one of our party's most respected leaders, Governor George Deukmejian, has recently stated that he could not support Dick Riordan for Governor. Governor Deukmejian has asked the question "Why would we nominate Richard Riordan when we have Bill Jones - a Republican who will defeat Gray Davis without selling out our Republican principles?"

I want to be your Governor because I am the only candidate who can return California to fiscal health and protect the future of our children and grandchildren.  I have a plan to want to balance our budget and reign in state spending, and I will do it without raising your taxes.

I have repeatedly stated that it was a grievous mistake for the state to get into the energy-buying business, and my first action as Governor will be to disband the California Power Authority.

In Los Angeles, half of all kindergartners don't speak English. I support English over bilingual education programs. And I will fight to break up the Los Angeles Unified School District, an issue that Dick Riordan opposes.

Dick Riordan supports providing illegal aliens with taxpayer-funded benefits like welfare and in-state tuition rates reserved for citizens and legal residents. I oppose both.

I am the only candidate in this race with the experience to take on Gray Davis and deal with the fiscal crisis facing California.

As Secretary of State for the past eight years, I have put people in jail for voter fraud, reformed our elections system and worked hard to increase voter registration and participation.

I served twelve years as an Assemblyman from Fresno, representing California's hardworking citizens on issues which unite us as Republicans: education, crime and creating new jobs.

I served as Assembly Republican Leader and helped cut government spending by $7 billion. I was the first candidate to speak out against Gray Davis' budget that raises taxes and squandered our multi-billion dollar budget surplus.

I authored California's "Three Strikes" law that cut crime by twice the national average.

I am a third generation rancher and farmer. I am a husband, father and grandfather. And I am a lifelong Republican activist. In fact, I am the only County Central Committee Chairman ever to be a candidate for Governor.

I have worked side by side with you to help elect Republicans throughout California. Now, I now need your support.

I would be honored for your vote on March 5th.

Sincerely,

Bill Jones
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy endorsed by the NRA
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
And who is also being endorsed by George Deukmejian, the former kaliban REPUBLICAN governor who signed into law Roberti-Roos; the nation's first "assault weapon" ban.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.nickjesson.org/issues.htm#arms[/url]
View Quote

[beer]The guy endorsed by me. He states flat out, PRO SECOND AMENDMENT. No question.[beer]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top