Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2002 5:49:00 PM EDT
Wooo Hoooo!!

Ladies Hockey!!  

Finally broke the USA 35/0/0 record!!

I do not normally watch hockey but this was a MUST DO..

I am so glad that the Canadian Ladies won the GOLD!

It seems that the USA ladies team put a Canadian Flag on the floor of their dressing room for "inspiration".  Could you imagine what would have happened if it was the Stars and Stripes on OUR floor???

As it is we won the GOLD!

To quote the Canadian Team Captain..
"Do you want us to sign that flag now?"
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrads to the Ladies Canadian Hockey team. I would like to apologize to the Canadians for the unladylike behavior of the USA Ladies Hockey team for walking on the Canadian flag, that was not called for.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fdudleybox%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, so Canada is actually able to get out of USA's shadow for 5 mins.  Good for you!  [;)]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Warlord your words are appreciated.

Spectre.....yes its true REAL comedy comes from Canada..

MiniMan....are you saying that the USA is DARKNESS??  Hmmm never thought about it that way.  Many seem to believe that the USA is the embodyment of evil.....are you trying to prove that point?

Or are you saying that the only patriotism that counts is American?
Perhaps I should go out and buy an American Flag...I am certain I can find one somewhere after all many Canadians were flying them post 911....
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
And...it was a good game with no b/s.....[:)]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, Canucks!!!!!!

Tho there seems to me to be something oxymoronic in the term "Ladies hockey."

But then, I'm WAY old school.

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I`ll help ya` feel better......"WOMEN`S KICKASS ICE HOCKEY"............[flag]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I could imagine someone, post 9/11, desicrating some middle eastern flag(pick one). But I am appalled that the American women would do that to the Canadian Flag.
What a low class despicable thing to do to inspire your team. The players should be ashamed of themselves. Even more so the coach for allowing it. They deserved to lose just for that.
The American flag is sacred to Americans. I suppose the Canadian Flag is just a piece of cloth?
BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top