Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2002 7:26:04 AM EDT
Last Night on Larry king Live, H. Ross Poirot was on supporting the USA Freedom Corp, That George W. Bush spoke of in his State of the Union Address.

While I have no particular love for Ross Poirot, I believe that the fact that he gave out the address to the new USA Freedom Corp website, WWW.usafreedomcorp.gov, means that tens of thousands of Americans signed up in the last 12 hours.

So now, it is time for America's Emergency Services, To begin brain storming, On how best to employee these new resources.

Lets hear your Ideas on Training and Utilization, or just your flames of the whole idea.

By the way. I signed up last night.

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at it last night.  I hope it is for true patriotic purposes and not a new Hitler youth?

Edited to point out Fearandloathing37  is an ass h-le and should list his credentials before he judges people.

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew, Deep in my heart, That there would be a certain lone wolf, anti goverment faction in here, that would attack their fellow AR15.com'ers for giving their time to civic duty and to help ensure the safety of their fellow Americans in time of war.

The sad part of the matter is, That these people are the ones that for the most part yell the loudest about their rights under the U.S. Constitution, They also are the ones that scream that they are Patriots the to every one that will listen.

To compare your fellow americans to the followers of Adloph Hitler, Because they are willing to stand up and do their civic duty, by giving a little of their spare time to take a  few emergency service courses, So that they might help save lives in the Event of anouther attack such as the one we suffered on Sept 11, Shows your true character QCMGR, Or lack of it.

No, Some peoples patriotism goes no further than their keyboard. To stand up and try to make something work for the good of the country, Would be to much to ask of guys like QCMGR. They would rather make excuses about this country being like Nazi Germany, to justify the fact that they do nothing but sit on their couch and dream of overthrowing the goverment, To replace it with their own twisted political dream, and forcing it down the throats of main stream America.

Guys like CQMGR use this as the Selfish Reason to justify doing nothing constructive and to dump on anyone that might try to help out and make a difference.

I have a little news flash for you CQMGR, When this country calls for it's Modern Minute Men, Not for a war to overthrow the Goverment, But to protect the lives of of its population, Loud mouthed anti Goverment militia types like you will be left behind. Your type never realy defends America.

America wins her wars, When the Common, main stream men and women of this country decide that it is time to direct their time and energy, from their private pursuits of business and family, To the defence of the nation.

People like QCMGR are just worried that his Anti Goverment message will be all but overshadowed as a new and different kind of American Patriot takes the field.

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Moved to General Discussion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I knew, Deep in my heart, That there would be a certain lone wolf, anti goverment faction in here, that would attack their fellow AR15.com'ers for giving their time to civic duty and to help ensure the safety of their fellow Americans in time of war.

The sad part of the matter is, That these people are the ones that for the most part yell the loudest about their rights under the U.S. Constitution, They also are the ones that scream that they are Patriots the to every one that will listen.

To compare your fellow americans to the followers of Adloph Hitler, Because they are willing to stand up and do their civic duty, by giving a little of their spare time to take a  few emergency service courses, So that they might help save lives in the Event of anouther attack such as the one we suffered on Sept 11, Shows your true character QCMGR, Or lack of it.

No, Some peoples patriotism goes no further than their keyboard. To stand up and try to make something work for the good of the country, Would be to much to ask of guys like QCMGR. They would rather make excuses about this country being like Nazi Germany, to justify the fact that they do nothing but sit on their couch and dream of overthrowing the goverment, To replace it with their own twisted political dream, and forcing it down the throats of main stream America.

Guys like CQMGR use this as the Selfish Reason to justify doing nothing constructive and to dump on anyone that might try to help out and make a difference.

I have a little news flash for you CQMGR, When this country calls for it's Modern Minute Men, Not for a war to overthrow the Goverment, But to protect the lives of of its population, Loud mouthed anti Goverment militia types like you will be left behind. Your type never realy defends America.

America wins her wars, When the Common, main stream men and women of this country decide that it is time to direct their time and energy, from their private pursuits of business and family, To the defence of the nation.

People like QCMGR are just worried that his Anti Goverment message will be all but overshadowed as a new and different kind of American Patriot takes the field.

View Quote

If you noticed, it was a question.  That is the reason for the question mark at the end.  I did not make a declarative statement.  I answered your question with a question you nitwit.  You make a hell of assumption about my character without knowing me.  You need to understand your statement is without merit you gutless turd.    If you have an issue, email me.  Do not make assumptions you cannot support.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
What have I done lately??

Well, let's see:

25% of my income goes to the feds as income tax.
15% of my income goes to the feds as Social Insecurity tax.
6% of my income goes to my state and county as property tax.
3% of my income goes to my state and county as sales tax.

Edited to note:  these are the real figures after all deductions and other accounting bullshit, not the "tax rates".

At least another 5% of my income goes to various state, federal, county, and local governmental bodies as other taxes, such as the 38% tax I pay every time I pump gasoline into my car, the 10% "recycling tax" on my oil for oil changes, the 25% (varies, typical) that I pay whenever I am out of town and rent a car, the 25% (varies, typical) that I pay for a hotel room when traveling, the 10% I pay in taxes on every airline ticket (now higher, once you include landing fees, the "security" fee, and so on). . . .

And you have the GALL to ask me why I'm not willing to throw away even more of my life working for the "common good"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the Firemen, Police officers and Rescue Workers Killed or working in the rubble of the World Trade Center, were or are paying the same taxs as you are. For that matter, I am paying the same taxes you are. The fact that you pay taxes, In no way makes you special 71 Achmed.

No one here is suggesting that we live in a perfect utopian democracy, However, it would seem that many would use the fact, that we have not reached a level of goverment allowing them to use roads, services and the vast benifits of our sociaty, free of charge, as an excuse to sit back on the couch and do nothing in the face of disaster and threat from foriegn barbarians, who would happily nerve gas your wife or kids 71 Achmed.

Since you wallet and tax rate seems to be your meter of loyalty to your community 71 Achmed, I suggest you consider for a moment, How much you taxes would be in the event that terrorists attack and melt down a nuclear reactor or release something like weaponized smallpox.

Would you tell the relief workers about their gall and stupidity, while your children vomited up their stomach linings from radiation sickness or your wife lay burning up with fever from smallpox? or would you demand that those workers help you 71 Achmed?

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Fearandloathing37,

What is your civic history?  Let us know what you have done to allow you to judge?  You gutless turd.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Godwin's Law prov.

[Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

[rolleyes]

I pay taxes and give blood like a fire hydrant gives water... can I be pious about my volunteerism too? I wanna play!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Why was it demonized when it was called an organized militia?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#12]
You'd be more productive if you joined up with a local volunteer agency, such as but not limited too:

firefighter
LOCAL cop
EMT

You could also join the military, but then you'd have to be sent on some pointless interventionist military.

You could also just prepare for an emergency by stockpiling food and clothes, and getting ammo and practicing. That way you wouldn't be part of our approaching tyrannical government.

If there is an "invasion"(unlikely to happen) or other emergency from a terrorist attack(also unlikely to happen), I'll be the first out there to help, but I'm not going to some unconstitutional government volunteer corp where money is wasted and be apart of the tyranny.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You could also join the military, but then you'd have to be sent on some pointless interventionist military.

You could also just prepare for an emergency by stockpiling food and clothes, and getting ammo and practicing. That way you wouldn't be part of our approaching tyrannical government.

If there is an "invasion"(unlikely to happen) or other emergency from a terrorist attack(also unlikely to happen), I'll be the first out there to help, but I'm not going to some unconstitutional government volunteer corp where money is wasted and be apart of the tyranny.
View Quote

Ditto! Fear, why not organize your own neighborhood of private citizens? Get yourselves all set up, then contact your sheriff, and let him know your resources, and that you all would be available in any GENUINE emergency?? We are doing this on a county basis here in Coos County Oregon. Our biggest problem is citizen apathy! Many don't want to take responsibility for their OWN preparedness. The idea is "let govt. do it". This is because we have too much govt. in our lives now. The people have grown dependent on it, and forgotten their responsibilities in a republic... We are preparing primarily for natural disaster, but are covering ALL the bases..  ;>)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top