Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 8:45:26 PM EDT
Someone tried to bait me into thinking I was doing a legit business transaction for a truck.  Guy claimed to be a USAF Sgt.

He sent me a Carfax report, created and sent a masked (fake) ebayMotors email as "confirmation" even though it was through Craigslist I found out about the truck.

Turns out the truck is registered to a person in AZ, not PA.  As a fleet vehicle, not a personal vehicle...  and the guy I would be doing a DIRECT bank-bank transfer with, is actually some Spanish scumbag in Madrid.  (he failed to mask his bank account name in the one email).

Report the fucker or let them continue to scam?   He was trying to screw me over to the tune of $17,000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top