Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 6:16:11 PM EDT
I'm in St. Louis today for work doing two things Arfcom seems to hate - supporting the fast food industry (they are my customer) and eating at a buffet (which apparently is ok for millions of people every day, but repugnant to many people here).

I like buffets because I can take a crew to the same spot for lunch and everyone can get what they want to eat.  You want nothing but jello and corn?  Have at it.   You want mashed potatoes and chicken?  It's available.  Just a salad (with 8 oz of bacon on top) - not a problem. So if you don't like buffets, I don't care, don't bother posting here about how you hate them because it's not really germane to the story.

However, I'm at the Home Town Buffet getting a scoop full of yellow corn and a slab of jello, when I see this guy digging into the meat loaf.  It's Al Sharpton!

Well, maybe it was.  It really looked like ol' Rev. Al, but he didn't seem to have an entourage and somehow I have my doubts that he would lower himself to eating at a $9 buffet joint, but the face and the hair made him a dead ringer for the real deal.  He wore a brown suit that I swear looked like it was made of brushed velvet.

I should have taken a picture, but really couldn't do it on the sly.  I'm not forward enough to just walk up to the guy and ask to take his picture because he looks like someone.  Who know, maybe it was really him "slumming it" and I missed a chance to push his face into the steaming hot pan of green beans.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You woulda probably got the "what?  you think all us n****rs look alike" speech if it wasn't him... Not worth it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I would've eaten at the buffet at the MGM Grand in Vegas, but it was $28.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]

I think it correctly applies to this story.  Possible race baiting poverty pimp sighting with no MS Paint or Pictures.  What else is there to say?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You woulda probably got the "what?  you think all us n****rs look alike" speech if it wasn't him... Not worth it.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought about that, but I've never, repeat NEVER seen another black guy with Al Sharpton hair, so it made me really wonder.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]

you eat at buffets?

WEAK!

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought about that, but I've never, repeat NEVER seen another black guy with Al Sharpton hair, so it made me really wonder.

I don't know why but I literally laughed out loud at this. He does have some distinctive hair
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why but I literally laughed out loud at this. He does have some distinctive hair

Don King's hair is one of a kind.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don King's hair is one of a kind.

Very true, piccolo, very true.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Photos or it didn't happ......ah. Well then. You know how this is going to go.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
embedding doesn't work for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2j0ewSaxm4
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]
<––-Post count

+1

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]

You can always tell when the children are up late can't you?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I once met Don King in an airport. He had one guy with him no entourage and I think he was flying business class.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]

SRSLY???

Ya know it is kind of a cool story....

BRO
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can always tell when the children are up late can't you?

My mom's letting me stay up an hour later than usual, even though it's a school night.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#21]
He is speaking tonight in Perry Co Alabama for Obama Day, today starts the 5 day kick off of it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't like buffets or Al Sharpton.

Actually that's a lie. I like eating at buffets except I overeat and they make me fat. So in that way I don't like them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He is speaking tonight in Perry Co Alabama for Obama Day, today starts the 5 day kick off of it.

Well I guess that settles it.

I'm changing the title of my thread now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top