Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 5:44:36 PM EDT
Would at least a dozen US Soldiers have lived to fight the enemies of the United States?

True or False.

Sergeant Asan Akbar  A muslim US Soldier -  killed a US soldier in Kuwait with a hand grenade.
Major Malik Nadal Hasan A muslim US Soldier - killed 12 US soldiers at Fort Hood with a pair of handguns.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
true
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
ibtl
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Very true.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
WE can ban people for being communist or gay, why not muslim???
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ibtl

No COC violation here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Apparently we don't ban them for any of those three things.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
And we'd be short approximately 15,000 soldiers who happen to be muslim, some of whom have freely fought and died for this country.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No, we can't.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And we'd be short approximately 15,000 soldiers who happen to be muslim, some of whom have freely fought and died for this country.

So it's ok that a dozen died then? So we can let them serve? Does this justify it?
We knew how to prevent what happened in Fort Hood after the Kuwait Grenade incident, yet we did nothing.

So it's OK for more servicemen to die as long as we don't offend muslims. That's what I get from your statement.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, they can't be trusted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's ok that a dozen died then? So we can let them serve? Does this justify it?

No, it's not ok that a dozen died.  Don't go punishing all Muslims for the actions of few.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not ok that a dozen died.  Don't go punishing all Muslims for the actions of few.

Being barred from military service is not punishment. Are people who are medically disqualified "punished"?
I don't think so.

The military has ONE purpose. To protect the interests of the nation, not to appease any one particular group. Many people seem oblivious to this obvious fact.

Serving in the military IS NOT A RIGHT.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#14]
" The eminent Muslim scholar, Dr. `Ali Jum`ah, Professor of the Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University, states:
“It is not permissible for the Muslim American and British soldiers
or any other Muslim soldiers to participate in the aggressive war on
Iraq.

Almighty Allah says: “ It is not for a believer to kill a
believer unless (it be) by mistake. He who hath killed a believer by
mistake must set free a believing slave, and pay the blood money to the
family of the slain, unless they remit it as a charity. If he (the
victim) be of a people hostile unto you, and he is a believer, then
(the penance is) to set free a believing slave. And if he cometh of a
folk between whom and you there is a covenant, then the blood money
must be paid unto his folk and (also) a believing slave must be set
free. And whoso hath not the wherewithal must fast two consecutive
months. A penance from Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise.”
(An-Nisa': 91)"

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546682

Any muslim in the Army in Iraq that actually fights is secular and not a real muslim. Any muslim that supports the war is not a real muslim.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We knew how to prevent what happened in Fort Hood after the Kuwait Grenade incident, yet we did nothing.

So it's OK for more servicemen to die as long as we don't offend muslims. That's what I get from your statement.

No, it is not OK that anyone died.

But there is other ways to keep things like this from happening.  More people keeping others around them in check - just because someone is in the same training as you doesn't mean they are as sane as you.  I have a feeling that if others around him had paid more attention or known what to look for this could have been stopped before it happened.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe we could relocate them all to some sort of camp until the war is over....

But seriously, a muslim US citizen has as much right to fight for their country as anyone else....Do I like the religion? NO. But if we start banning service based on religion, well, that's basically un-American. Freedom of religion and all that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not.  Neither is blanketing an entire faith.

By the same token; should the cultural background, the ethnicities, and/or religion be used to bar all of those similar whom beat and killed a well respected, and like, businessman here in Fairbanks?   I mean, only the three involved were charged, afterall...perhaps we should rethink that?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll say it again...  

Let them fight for their own and let Allah sort out the bullshit.

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If they died in Iraq, they were not actual muslims any more than Jews eating pork on a saturday are jewish. Just secular people that claim a religion.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it is not OK that anyone died.
But there is other ways to keep things like this from happening.  More people keeping others around them in check - just because someone is in the same training as you doesn't mean they are as sane as you.  I have a feeling that if others around him had paid more attention or known what to look for this could have been stopped before it happened.

It didn't work in Kuwait and it didn't work here.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I think you might have a Constitutional issue there.

I didn't vote.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#22]
COC 1...and my patience is perilously thin right about now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top