Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:53:04 PM EDT
Ok, if the shooter was a white guy named Bob Smith, it would still be "terrorism."  What am I missing here????
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't you hear?

The Kenyan waved his magic dick in the air and made all the terrorists go away.

The .gov calls them "Freedom Fighters" now.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
In fairness, no one called the Virginia Tech shooting "terrorism" either.  I'm not sure who makes these distinctions.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In fairness, no one called the Virginia Tech shooting "terrorism" either.  I'm not sure who makes these distinctions.

That Hassan fuck went to school at VT, strangely enough.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, you have a suspect named Malik Hasam Jabooty Akbar.  I wouldn't immediately discount terrorism.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok, you have a suspect named Malik Hasam Jabooty Akbar.  I wouldn't immediately discount terrorism.

He has a prayer rug in one pocket, a Koran in the other.  He has an Al Queda membership card in his wallet.

Nope, just a regular guy.  Nothing to see, move along.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok, if the shooter was a white guy named Bob Smith, it would still be "terrorism."  What am I missing here????

The people who are saying this are part of the problem.

Ask yourself if the victims were Abortion supporters, or were people inside a Homosexual club, would they be talking about "Hate Crimes"?  The answer is, yes, of course they would.

These people are both intellectually lazy AND dishonest.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

The Kenyan waved his magic dick in the air and made all the terrorists go away.

Reminded me of the "Magical Negro" skit

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

I believe that was the Reagan administration.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It was not terrorism, but it was "Pro- Islamic" rhetoric rearing it's ugly head.

Why the fuck is Al Sharpton on O'Reilly right now? Fuck them both.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
"It raised new questions about the toll that six years of continuous fighting in Iraq and nearly eight years fighting in Afghanistan have taken on the U.S. military and on individual soldiers, many of whom have been on several combat tours."

That's from Reuters.

Do army psychologists go into active duty?  Was this shooter in active duty?

These are important political questions, before this is used as liberal leverage.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5A454F20091106
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
ABC evening news finished saying he was an alcoholic gun fanatic.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Well because we aren't fighting a "war on terror" anymore. It's now called "overseas contingency operations" therefore this could not be terrorism, it's only a poor unloved muslim who wanted to be treated with respect.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ABC, I just puked in my mouth a little.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
where was Obama on 9-12-2001? remember a senator from Illinois meeting with Muslims in Chicago
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not rocket science. You look at the motive. VT was just plain nuts, this guy, not sure yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has a prayer rug in one pocket, a Koran in the other.  He has an Al Queda membership card in his wallet.

terrorism isnt always religious terrorism
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The Muslims in Iraq need to rise up against the agressor."

This one is.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Fucking Haji wannabe was a doctor working with soldiers who had mental issues.

Makes me wonder what shit he was feeding into their ears before he decided to have his own personal meltdown.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't let the name "HASSAN" throw you off it's not really a surname from a country that practices a certain Religeon or anything.

I'ts just a fluke an Caucasian white guy was supposed to do it but was unavailable so his Middle eastern decended buddy did it for him.

Just like the grenade thrown into the tent full of officers on the eve of the Iraq invasion wasn't terrorism and the guy wasn't a certain religeon then either.

I had better shut up before i get ban hammered, we don't want to offend anybody who would be inclined to commit these acts constantly while denying they do or condone them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Seriously, as an islamist who was vocal about his displeasure with involvment in the middle east and as I heard earlier he thought there should be more fighting the US and he didnt warrant being on any sort of watch list?     WTF??  

Then our dear overlord Obama continuing his comments on the conference he was attending AND giving a shout out to his acquaintance and joking around before he finally got to the killing of US servicemen.     Obama needs to go.

This political correctness will be the end of us all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Lets see

A radical islamist = Check

Who was extremely upset to be deployed to a middle eastern theatre of operations  because he did not want to kill other muslims. = Check

Terrorist = Check

I think he made all the marks on the list.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow! What Mental Midget thought that up?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

http://nikhasnan.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/c12820-32.jpg

I'll bet the White House staff had to fumigate the fargin room after that!

And yea...he was a Muslim terrorist!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This is from the article on Fox:

"The shooter's cousin, Nader Hasan, told Fox News that their family is in shock.

"We are trying to make sense of all this," Nader Hasan said. "He wasn't even someone who enjoyed going to the firing range."

Something tells me ABC is full of shit...again.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one is.

This was certainly a case of lone actor jihad.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

you read my thoughts..
do you stare at goats?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABC, I just puked in my mouth a little.

A faithful Islamic extremist being an alcoholic? Thought the hardcore ones were always against drinking?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#30]
For those of you still in the service, keep your heads down and pay attention.  Never know when the next Johnny Jihad will get riled up.  I worry that copycats will be thinking hard about all the publicity.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do army psychologists go into active duty?  Was this shooter in active duty?

Yes, he was on active duty, since at least 1999.

He went to the military's medical school (Uniformed Services University) which commissions students as O1s in their respective services.  Graduated in 2003 and was promoted to O3.  Internship and psychiatry residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center until 2007.  Did a fellowship in disaster and emergency psychiatry at Walter Reed until 2009.  Likely promoted to O4 in early or mid 2009.  Sent to Fort Hood for his first staff tour.  So he's been on active duty and in uniform every day for at least 10 years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one is.

I agree.  just making a point.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

eddiein1984

If you can't tell the difference between the Afghan Mujahideen fighting  the Soviets circa 1981 and the Al Queda friendly Taliban of today you need to take your ignorance over to DU.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#34]
This is exactly what I was saying earlier.  If it's not Jihad, we don't call it terrorism anymore.  Seriously, do you think a guy that killed 11 and wounded 31 others was trying to make people feel good?  He caused fear which by DEFINITION is terrorism.  I agree with the OP.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you hear?

you read my thoughts..
do you stare at goats?

Clooney stares at goats because he is horny.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one is.

This was certainly a case of lone actor jihad.

What happened to the other two?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is exactly what I was saying earlier.  If it's not Jihad, we don't call it terrorism anymore.  Seriously, do you think a guy that killed 11 and wounded 31 others was trying to make people feel good?  He caused fear which by DEFINITION is terrorism.  I agree with the OP.

Actually part of the problem with terrorism is coming up with legal, political and generally accepted (AKA common sense) definition of terrorism.
The generally accepted definition of terrorism focuses on the methods and objective of the perpetrator.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.
At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.
Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

But what about a lone attack designed to create terror to achieve ideological goal which what the fucktard did in the Texas
I say it's an act of a terrorist.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I dont know but I think we should start another thread about all this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
he was a Major.  How do you get that rank and not have to be joe American?

Like I said, promotions through O4 are automatic in the medical corps.

Anyone can go to medical school.  The military offers scholarships.  Graduate from med school and you're an O3.  Do your time without committing any felonies and in 5 years you're in zone for O4.  Virtually 100% select rate ... after six you're an O4.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Not terrorism but definately an attack by our enemy who was in the wrong uniform and not following Geneva protocols.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It was not terrorism, but it was "Pro- Islamic" rhetoric rearing it's ugly head.

Why the fuck is Al Sharpton on O'Reilly right now? Fuck them both.

Fuck Al Sharpton. Why didn't that motherfucker just say he's not a terrorist, he's the newest citizen of the Bahamas!!!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad the that shitheads family won't sue them for that bullshit comment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top