Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 1:42:52 PM EDT
http://www.northlandz.com/    never seen anything like this-   52.000 sq ft., 9 miles of track, 100 trains running at once, 40ft. long trestles 30 ft above the floor   watch the video!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like trains...

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://www.northlandz.com/    never seen anything like this-   52.000 sq ft., 9 miles of track, 100 trains running at once, 40ft. long trestles 30 ft above the floor   watch the video!

My brother and his family go there every other year or so - been meaning to tag along one of these days...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I also like trains...

ETA: That is pretty cool. I wish I was closer to NJ.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Down the road a dozen miles from where I grew up.  The place used to be a reception hall I think, they did proms and shit.  It still looks like a reception hall from the outside.

ETA- and if you're going to visit Flemington, you're not far at ALL from Sterling.  Sterling is where Sarco has got their retail store.  Definitely worth a visit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
ive been there a couple times.  its sweet
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been, it is pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
These do it for me!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The model train club I belong to only has about 8 miles of track(although I believe they may have added a few more).  Of course, we run on 7 1/2" gauge track with trains capable of pulling 15-20 passanger cars(sometimes more) holding 3 each at a scale speed of 40mph(sometimes more) including live steamers hand-built by other members.  One guy goes as far as having coal shipped in from back east to give his train that "authentic smell".  We also have and indoor/outdoor area for the smaller scale trains but those just aren't near as fun.

ETA:
Maricopa Live Steamers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top