Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:34:39 AM EDT
I searched, but didn't find anything.  Sorry if it's a dupe:  Story

Man Calls 911, Doesn't Know His Address
Police Say Man Reported His Marijuana Stash Stolen

POSTED: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
UPDATED: 8:21 pm EST November 4, 2009

Von Powell
GAINESVILLE, Fla. –– When you dial 911, there's certain things you have to do to make sure you get the help you need.

First, know your home address, and second, don't wait 45 minutes to dial 911.

Von Powell, 22, who lives near Gainesville, had a hard time doing both of those things after he said he was the victim of a home robbery.

The man also told police that one of the things stolen was his "personal stash" of marijuana.

When you're committing a crime and you're also the victim of a crime, it makes it difficult to call police.

"He let the responding deputies know that he was sitting on the couch drinking a beer, watching a movie and smoking a blunt," a deputy said.

Alachua County deputies were called out early Tuesday morning to Powell's home. Powell told the 911 dispatcher that two men had burst through his door and robbed him at gunpoint.

Audio: Uncut 911 Call: Man Reports Marijuana Stolen
Video: Caller Doesn't Know Address
The problem was he waited nearly an hour to call police. He also had no idea where he lived.

Police eventually found Powell by driving around his Green Leaf neighborhood.

Investigators said when officers arrived, Powell said the robbers had made off with $800 and a bag of Powell's marijuana.

"That's something that I don't know a lot of people would report," the deputy said. "It makes it real hard. That may be why he waited 45 minutes to call us before he did."

Police said Powell called neighbors and friends before dialing 911. He told dispatchers he had to borrow a phone because he didn't have one of his own.

Channel 4's Jason Law tried to talk with Powell, but there was no answer when he knocked on the door. His next door neighbor, Tara Nichols, doesn't blame Powell for being honest with police.

"I would, because he wasn't safe, I would rather the police be involved than be hurt anymore," Nichols said. "Honesty is the best policy. Yeah I think so."

Police said Powell was not arrested for possession of marijuana because there was a lack of physical evidence. After all, his stash was reportedly stolen.

Police said that Powell has been arrested on drug charges in the past.
Copyright 2009 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
potheads...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This is why weed should remain illegal.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
What a dope.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#4]
OK...Gotta ask it.....

What's his screen name?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tara Nichols, doesn't blame Powell for being honest with police.

"I would, because he wasn't safe, I would rather the police be involved than be hurt anymore," Nichols said. "Honesty is the best policy. Yeah I think so."

Stoner sheep.  Guh.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Audio: Uncut 911 Call: Man Reports Marijuana Stolen

Video:

Caller Doesn't Know Address

I feel bad for the dispatcher......I bet she wants to reach through the phone and knock him around some more.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey cop dudes, yeah i have an emergency. I don't know where i am now, but someone stole my dope man.

lol, he lived in Green leaf neighborhood
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]
i heard a 911 recording the other day on the radio of a woman calling to complain of a drunk driver on the road she was on..  

she ended up calling to report herself being a drunk driver..  

was quite funny
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]
He had $800 and a bag of weed, but no phone?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He had $800 and a bag of weed, but no phone?

Phones are useless when you get the munchies.

They come in pretty handy when you want to order a pizza.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
stupid fuckin' stoner ...

sounds like most of the "let's legalize pot" retards on here ...

"pot smoking doesn't lead to worse addictions", yeah right, it actually improves the thought process

fuckin' idiots
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#15]
what would the guy been charged with had he shot the robbers? since he was high.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Police eventually found Powell by driving around his Green Leaf neighborhood.

AHAHAH!  How ironic!!

For some reason this story reminds me of the dumbass cop who decided to sample the evidence and ended up on the horn to 911 worried he was overdosing on marijuana.  

Priceless...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top