Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 8:25:29 PM EDT
I love oil and vinegar on a sub at a shop, however at home I can not find the right combination that taste as good. Does anyone have any recommendations for what oil/vinegar combo to buy and use for sandwiches at home?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I love oil and vinegar on a sub at a shop, however at home I can not find the right combination that taste as good. Does anyone have any recommendations for what oil/vinegar combo to buy and use for sandwiches at home?

Most grocery stores have a "Sandwich vinegar" offering in their condiment section.  Barring that, red wine vinegar.

As to oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil is always good.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Start with Balsamic vinegar try it as is.

Red Wine vinegar mixewd with Olive Oil

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Also remember that the mixture is mostly oil with just a small amount of vinegar.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
the key is balsamic vinegrette, not straight vinegar.

my dad called it "pansy food" for years––he only would use straight oil and red wine vinegar.  then one day he finally tried it––we now have several bottles in the SHTF preps.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
evoo, and balsamic.

and i like a little oil, lot of vinegar.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
why not just pour douche on it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
talk to the manager at subway and see if they could sell you some.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Every.  Single.  Time.

Have to have it.

HH
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought this was going to be a thread about co-ed manning on submarines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top