Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:01:24 PM EDT
Can I legally ship a Auto knife to an Military APO address. I know that Auto knifes are restricted to Military and Leo's however in my state collectors can legally buy them for there collection. Is there anything I need to know before hand when shipping an Auto knife to an APO which is for a Military member.?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone care to chime in?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:

(1) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government: (2) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a State, Territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such organization; (3) to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or of the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory; (4) to manufacturers of such knives or bone fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).

Note: Available for sale to Armed Forces or Law Enforcement or Government personnel.

check permissibility within your state or locality.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one shipped to me back in 2005 no problems.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Since the guy is in Iraq does that change anything?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Take the spring out and then ship them together.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
pack in with a bunch of other stuff and ship it.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top