Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 5:13:49 PM EDT
My 9 Yr. old son with asthma went to the Doc for a swine flu shot Yesterday highly recomended from what I have read . The nurse was a complete cunt not answering any questions and being down right rude . My EX wife called the Doc. this morning she just felt something wasn't right and found out they gave him a regular flu shot Wtf.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
medical mistakes only kill 300,000 per year
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta watch this stuff, even MD's make mistakes.

Don't be afraid to question them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Doc gave shot?

Doc ordered wrong shot?

Has your son had a regular flu shot before this?

Sorry to be a bother with the facts and all.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
So the nurse was arrogant and didn't ask the right questions and then gave your son a regular flu shot, and it's the doctor's fault?  

ETA:  Incidentally, no harm was done –– it is recommended that he get the seasonal shot, too.  He can get the H1N1 nasal mist anytime if he's tired of getting shots in the arm.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
no offense but you should look into what those vaccines contain before you give them to your kid, i understand its your decision and i respect that but please research this
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Always ask questions, never assume they know what they are doing. Know what you are going to be given and ask the person giving the shot what they are actually giving you.

Also check your meds from the pharmacy, don't just start popping pills read the label and the contra-indicating condition and meds.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So the nurse was arrogant and didn't ask the right questions and then gave your son a regular flu shot, and it's the doctor's fault?  

If she is employed by the MD, I would think so.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
whats the problem, just go back and get the right shot.  No harm no foul.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

For free, or another charge?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Um no.  If he ordered the correct shot and it was given to him by another person its that persons fault.  Second maybe she did it on purpose because she didnt like you.

There is always two sides to a story and maybe you were offensive to her.

regardless you are holding the wrong person to blame.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think they wouldn't try to charge him for the one he didn't want and give him the one he paid for.  So no, not free just give the man what he paid for.  I don't see why this is a big deal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think they wouldn't try to charge him for the one he didn't want and give him the one he paid for.  So no, not free just give the man what he paid for.  I don't see why this is a big deal.

I will see if OP posts a free 'correct' shot.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Um no.  If he ordered the correct shot and it was given to him by another person its that persons fault.  Second maybe she did it on purpose because she didnt like you.

Actually its the doctors fault for anything their staff does.  He is supposed to check these things.  However, its not like this is a major mistake, he got a flu shot, not AIDS.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually its the doctors fault for anything their staff does.  He is supposed to check these things.  However, its not like this is a major mistake, he got a flu shot, not AIDS.

Yep, if wrong shot given and the boy died of swine flu, a good lawyer would own the Doc and his practice.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, if wrong shot given and the boy died of swine flu, a good lawyer would own the Doc and his practice.

I think that would only be an issue if the child got swine flu at some time before the doctor informed him of the mistake.  Once the doc said OOPS, I made a mistake, come on down and get your shot its now on you to go get the right shot.  However thats not an issue here.  I am just trying to figure out why OP is so upset.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fortunately, this needn't be the case, since the OP can take his kid in tomorrow and get the correct shot –– or nasal mist, if his kid prefers.

And since it's recommended that elementary-school kids get the seasonal flu shot anyway, there has been no damage done to this point –– the kid just got his recommended shots in an order different than the order the parents wanted.

Irritating, but not dangerous.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fortunately, this needn't be the case, since the OP can take his kid in tomorrow and get the correct shot –– or nasal mist, if his kid prefers.

And since it's recommended that elementary-school kids get the seasonal flu shot anyway, there has been no damage done to this point –– the kid just got his recommended shots in an order different than the order the parents wanted.

Yes, but these 'mistakes' seem to be somewhat common.

Doc knows best treatment for his/her patient, even though 20 MD's will come up with 5 different treatments for the same issue.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My 9 Yr. old son with asthma went to the Doc for a swine flu shot Yesterday highly recomended from what I have read . The nurse was a complete cunt not answering any questions and being down right rude . My EX wife called the Doc. this morning she just felt something wasn't right and found out they gave him a regular flu shot Wtf.

Whenever I pay for something, and the person I'm paying becomes a 'complete cunt' and does not answer questions, I call her on it, and the principals in the corporation/business, until I get what I WANT (and am paying for), or I just walk out...  No excuse for this type of behavior...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard they did that here, gave shots to 20,000 people before figuring out 20,000 people got the wrong shot, recall...  Also heard that the medical field has a written manual on the Pig flu shots how to give it and which one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but these 'mistakes' seem to be somewhat common.

Doc knows best treatment for his/her patient, even though 20 MD's will come up with 5 different treatments for the same issue.

Agreed.  Some doctors aren't very good at listening.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
medical mistakes only kill 300,000 per year

In a nation of about 307,000,000, one in a thousand people dies annually, and it is the result of medical mistakes?

OP, sorry to hear about the mistake.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Gun dont kill people.

But doctor do!

I told this to a Doctor last year when I was getting a physical for a new job. When he say it was his duty to inform me about the danger of firearm in the homes. Then he says he was tried to warn me about these as public service. I am like f*ck your pubIic service BS. I really piss him off and the physical went on with little or no more talk. Then he left and slammed the door. I had to laugh my ass off.

Try this when one of these asshole says some BS like.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
My son has a bad asthma problem and can not take the nasal vacc. This was discussed with the doctor. It is highly recommended that anyone with asthma receive the Vacc. since H1N1 attacks the lungs and can also lead to pneumonia not very good things for someone with asthma .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top