Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 2:11:52 PM EDT
i heard a number of times today that the Dem and Repub were listed twice before hoffman was listed once. how is this constitutional?

or should i just keep doing a face-palm for the fact that the Repub got 5 % of the vote despite pulling out of the race? (dumb people)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The parties usually sign off on the ballot design long before the election, but who knows about this disaster.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
He may as well.

Look how it worked out for al Franken.

I still cannot figure THAT one out.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i heard a number of times today that the Dem and Repub were listed twice before hoffman was listed once. how is this constitutional?

or should i just keep doing a face-palm for the fact that the Repub got 5 % of the vote despite pulling out of the race? (dumb people)

Early voting, absentee voting, people voting their convictions.  None of that qualifies them as dumb.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Early voting, absentee voting, people voting their convictions. None of that qualifies them as dumb.

I agree with on the early voters, and the absentee voters. They probably voted before that stupid bitch Scarfuckle dropped out. But going in on election day and voting for someone that dropped out last week. Yea, that's dumb.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Early voting, absentee voting, people voting their convictions.  None of that qualifies them as dumb.

my understanding is that they do not even count absentee voting unless it is going to make a difference.

secondly, what the hell is up w/ early voting? everyone should vote on the same day unless they have a legitimate reason then it is absentee. why not just say, "hey everyone, mail in your election forms by x date..."?

but i was really wondering if he has a case here, and i didnt even think of Franken (i try not to in general) or if he had to accept it.

also, even if both parties signed off on it doesent that kinda limit the rights of third party or challenger candidates? be them liberal, green, conservative, or libertarian, or something else... (bull moose)?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
it was a special election, I think for only a one year term, I would hope the republicans will get it right next time and I hope Hoffman will run again as a republican.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top