Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 12:42:35 PM EDT
Got a chance to watch the presidential motorcade drive by today, must say I never thought I would be 15 feet away from the standing president. Can't stand the man, but it was very impressive to see all the people around him who have the job of protecting him. He was speaking at Wright Middle School, which is about six blocks from my workplace. I start at 4 in the morning, so I drove my several times as I was test driving cars to see all the prep work they have to do in advance.

Across the street from the school there is a wetlands, felt sorry for the guys that had to scope all of that out, although I think most of it was done with thermal imaging from a Blackhawk that circled the area for awhile. All in all a pretty impressive sight, just wish that the man in that car was someone I had respect for, might be able to enjoy the experience a bit more then.

(Before anyone says pics or B.S., I have a video of the motorcade on my cell phone, but it won't let me send, says file length to long.....so as soon as I figure out how to I will post)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Traffic was shitty by the airport, lots of dumbass taking photos from their cars while driving.  Definitely did not want to be near the action at that school.  This whole thing is a publicity stunt.  Pick some random school in any city and give a speech on education to a crowd of 50 lucky kids and their parents.. I feel bad for all the protective services having to deal with such a nightmare.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. I served Bill Clinton popcorn in 1998. He was in San Jose for something. The fucker LOVES butter.
In before some dip-shit suggests something stupid.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Cool. I served Bill Clinton popcorn in 1998. He was in San Jose for something. The fucker LOVES butter.
In before some dip-shit suggests something stupid.  

HURR HURR HURR HURR HURR

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
did you at least hawk a loogie at him as he drove by?  

(I don't think I would be able to resist the temptation)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the 1 fingered salute was in order.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a chance to watch the presidential motorcade drive by today, must say I never thought I would be 15 feet away from the standing president. Can't stand the man, but it was very impressive to see all the people around him who have the job of protecting him. He was speaking at Wright Middle School, which is about six blocks from my workplace. I start at 4 in the morning, so I drove my several times as I was test driving cars to see all the prep work they have to do in advance.

Across the street from the school there is a wetlands, felt sorry for the guys that had to scope all of that out, although I think most of it was done with thermal imaging from a Blackhawk that circled the area for awhile. All in all a pretty impressive sight, just wish that the man in that car was someone I had respect for, might be able to enjoy the experience a bit more then.

(Before anyone says pics or B.S., I have a video of the motorcade on my cell phone, but it won't let me send, says file length to long.....so as soon as I figure out how to I will post)

Not everyone gets to say they were that close to the president.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised the entire population of Madison didn't line the roads from the airport to throw flower petals and wave palm fronds as he passed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
FUCK obama.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the entire population of Madison didn't line the roads from the airport to throw flower petals and wave palm fronds as he passed.

To be honest I was surprised there wasn't a lot more as well. Madison is as liberal as it gets, but there were only a handful where I was at (on Fish Hatchery, just two blocks from school, as close as they would let us get). Out of the people around me half were there for the same reason as I was, to see the sight, not the man. The rest were his demographics, lol
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
did you at least hawk a loogie at him as he drove by?  

(I don't think I would be able to resist the temptation)

I would've liked to, but as much as I hate the guy, I can't bring myself to lower my manners to that level. (Now, if I was face to face, lol......might have been hard to resist) JK....not worth the mess load of problems, including felony assault.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think the 1 fingered salute was in order.

Definitely in order, but not the type to do something like that. Plus his demographics would have made my trip back to my vehicle a living nightmare!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I was putting on a tin roof today when air force one flew over real low right before it went to land at dane county airport, man that is one huge airplane

It was kinda cool to see the two guys I was working with look at me funny when I gave it the figger. I wish "he" would have been looking out the window and seen me on the roof giveing him and AF1 the figger lol!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I was not more than 30 feet from Clinton when he toured OKC after the May '99 tornado.  We were helping a friend's mom go through her destroyed house and he drove through the area.  I just glared at him and went back to work.  The only thing he did for us was cause problems and delays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top