Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2009 12:37:18 PM EDT
So after a few nitwits jamming me up, I have sworn off any woman except thsoe I meet in church. So I decided to try E-Harmony and so far have gotten some nice 'matches'. But not face to face meets yet. Any body have any experience with E Harmony? Thoughts? Tips? Advice? Some of the gals are really cute, but I want a church going gal, so my matches are limited in number.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone on this site so eloquently put it "Its hard to find romantic matches for a moody loner with an assault rifle."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
REQUIRE FULL BODY PICS and ones who just show their "face" only, run!!!

You'll thank me later

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=939455

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You'll thank me later

This man speaks the truth.

I've enrolled in eHarmony a couple times, met a couple women, but came away disappointed. I'll stick to meeting chicks at college or church from now on.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read several threads where lonely members posted their profile on E-Harmony.

100% came back with: "We're sorry, you aren't compatible with any of the womenz here".

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You'll thank me later

I think they should also be holding a current newspaper or magazine with date visible.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Request current pic. Not something 10 years and 30 lbs ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
IMHO it's one of the better online dating services.  Not because of the pop psychology, but because it's expensive - that runs off everyone who isn't serious.

FWIW, I met my wife on eHarmony.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't drink and post on eHarmony.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
If it's any help, I met my wife through E-Harmony........she's a definite keeper
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll thank me later

I think they should also be holding a current newspaper or magazine AR with date visible Larue Goodies.

Fixt.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I joined in Jan 07, over the next 2.5 years I went out with ~12 girls, dated one for 3 months and I've been dating another for almost 6 months now.
If your matches arent working out for you, call customer service and tell them what you're looking for.  Their model equates political conservatism with religious conservatism, so that may be one trap you fall into unless customer service manually edits your profile.

I would say the most important thing is to have a trusted female friend help write your profile.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I joined in Jan 07, over the next 2.5 years I went out with ~12 girls, dated one for 3 months and I've been dating another for almost 6 months now.
If your matches arent working out for you, call customer service and tell them what you're looking for.  Their model equates political conservatism with religious conservatism, so that may be one trap you fall into unless customer service manually edits your profile.

I would say the most important thing is to have a trusted female friend help write your profile.

Kharn

yep, they'd know what to say...: filthy rich, ready to marry, dying in 3 months, huge wang, no pre-nup
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You'll thank me later

+10

I didnt like e-harmony's JBT structure (you talk to who we tell you to, when we tell you to). Switched to Match and met my (now) wife.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
One of my good friends did e-harmony.  He's been married with two kids to a great lady for like 5 years now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've read several threads where lonely members posted their profile on E-Harmony.

100% came back with: "We're sorry, you aren't compatible with any of the womenz here".

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
youll love it, years after quitting and erasing your account they will spam your email weekly to rejoin. Even when you keep on sending back the link that says no more email.....it keeps on coming.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh shit Zia...sorry  I had to laugh at the emote.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
most of the same people are on plenty of fish
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I filled out the profile,with my GF and 2 other friends helping,because I was insisting that even though she might not fully appreciate me,there were dozens of single mothers of 4 in trailerparks all across America who would lust over me.We answered it as honestly and accurately as possible and came up with "you have 0 matches in the eharmony universe".
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Son stuck in Enid, OK at Vance AFB.  Son gets lonely.  Eniods do nothing for him.  Son joins eHarmony.  Son meets great girl from Springfield, MO.  Son marries great girl form Springfield, MO.  I just found out that we are getting a grandchild next June or so.  I think eHarmony rocks.  In their case it definitely worked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Got a buddy who never dated in college, was pretty shy around the ladies.  Joined eharmony and ended up marrying the first girl on there he went out with (stood up in his wedding).  She is a great girl and they are very happy.  I think it helped that they had a common connection in they both went to the same college.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Found my bride on Eharmony - they even sent us a Tiffany crystal bowl as a wedding gift.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You'll thank me later

even a full body pic doesnt guarantee that thats the same person youre talking to.

get em on webcam (and even thats not definite)

unfortunately you cant confirm a damned thing with out actually running into them in person.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Expensive as hell in my opinion.  Have not had any luck with it, tried it twice before.  After striking out with every other option over the last year+ I'm considering putting my tail between my legs and going back.  Waiting for for price special before I join though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Found my bride on Eharmony - they even sent us a Tiffany crystal bowl as a wedding gift.

Eharmony is the only dating site where I've heard a TON of people saying that they met their spouses there.  That's got to be worth something.  It doesn't mean that there is someone there for everyone, but it's definitely worked for a lot of people.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eharmony is the only dating site where I've heard a TON of people saying that they met their spouses there.  That's got to be worth something.  It doesn't mean that there is someone there for everyone, but it's definitely worked for a lot of people.

I met my fiancee on eHarmony 15 months ago yesterday.  We are getting married in 3 weeks!

She knows at least a half dozen couples who met on eHarmony and were married.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I met my wife on E-hamony. Couldnt be more satisfied. When you get to your 30s and older, there is a reason why they arent married.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

alright

which eharmony commercial are you featured in?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I met my fiancee on eHarmony 15 months ago yesterday.  We are getting married in 3 weeks!

She knows at least a half dozen couples who met on eHarmony and were married.

Don't rush or anything...

Seriously, what's the hurry? ~3 more years might be good. Losing your virginity isn't THAT great.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess I'm not "compatible" for their service.  That's too bad because I'd actually use it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]
my inlaws met online.  their kids set up the accounts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I guess I'm not "compatible" for their service.  That's too bad because I'd actually use it.
They developed a model that works well for matching certain personality types for the long-haul, I believe its 20% fall outside those types.  They were ordered by a court to begin matching gays and lesbians, even though they protested that they had not conducted any research into gay/lesbian relationships.

Kharn

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I met my wife on E-hamony. Couldnt be more satisfied. When you get to your 30s and older, there is a reason why they arent married.

And why is that?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

You gotta be married by 18 or your STRANGE
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

Many of them are pretty loony (some downright psycho.) Proceeds of the catch and release programs. I encountered a lot better quality of people with E-Harmony.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

Many of them are pretty loony (some downright psycho.) Proceeds of the catch and release programs. I encountered a lot better quality of people with E-Harmony.

So you mean women over 30 or men over 30?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

So you mean women over 30 or men over 30?

I can only speak to the women as I dont date men. I would imagine that would likely be the case as well, but that is just a guess.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Met my current gf of 5 years on Match.com pretty much not a big difference from eharmony . I was drunk and posted the guy in the woods with a gun needs girl with gun got a few matches and no dates. when I did the actual profile matching stuff it did pretty well
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#40]

not sure how I feel about that...I dated pre-internet,  hell, pre-computer.
My son is 19 and so backward I feel sorry for him,  I would back him if he would try the online dating.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

Almost as if your considered to have leprosy.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Require full body pics that show her figure.  Muu muus not allowed.  

Require a recent face picture,  preferrably with today's newspaper, with visible date, in the picture.

After getting her full name and address,  check for her in courthouse records.

My eharmony experience probably belongs in the pit.

Let's just say I'm not freaked out by most anything.  Hell,  I worked in a FUNERAL HOME for over a year, no problem!

I worked for the ambulance service, too!   I've been a salesman!

But that date freaked me the fuck out!  

CJ

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why is that?

Almost as if your considered to have leprosy.

+1
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So after a few nitwits jamming me up, I have sworn off any woman except thsoe I meet in church. So I decided to try E-Harmony and so far have gotten some nice 'matches'. But not face to face meets yet. Any body have any experience with E Harmony? Thoughts? Tips? Advice? Some of the gals are really cute, but I want a church going gal, so my matches are limited in number.

So...go to church.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So...go to church.

Guess where I got turned on to internet sites like E-Harmony...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#46]
E-Harmony was just ok. However, I was matched with a professional figure skater that I ended up dating for a few months. HOLY SHIT, that was some good ass. Seriously. I will post pics if necessary.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So...go to church.

Guess where I got turned on to internet sites like E-Harmony...

strip club?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
E-Harmony was just ok. However, I was matched with a professional figure skater that I ended up dating for a few months. HOLY SHIT, that was some good ass. Seriously. I will post pics if necessary.

post pics!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Son stuck in Enid, OK at Vance AFB.  Son gets lonely.  Eniods do nothing for him.  Son joins eHarmony.  Son meets great girl from Springfield, MO.  Son marries great girl form Springfield, MO.  I just found out that we are getting a grandchild next June or so.  I think eHarmony rocks.  In their case it definitely worked.

ENIODS.....

holy shit, i have lived in Eastern Oklahoma all of my life except for a 5 year stint in OKC and have never heard that term for people in ENID.
they are a tad off..

flat landers...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

post pics!

PICS NOW OR GTFO

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top