Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 12:35:16 PM EDT
I hope she bitch slaps Barbara Boxer in the election.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/04/fiorina.senate/index.html

(CNN) –– Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina finally made it official Wednesday: She's running for Senate in California.

The first woman to lead a Fortune 500 company made the announcement at an event in conservative Orange County, pledging that her focus will be on "economic recovery and fiscal accountability"
"The decisions made in Washington impact every family and every business, of any size, in America. Throughout my career, I've brought people together and solved problems, and that is what I plan to do in government: Set aside ego and partisanship and work to develop solutions to our problems," she told supporters.
"I will not settle for a jobless recovery, and we must start the important work of getting our financial house back in order," Fiorina added. "Washington must show discipline to cut spending and create policies that encourage and empower businesses and put people back to work."

Fiorina, considered to be a moderate Republican with little history on social issues, will face off against conservative California Assemblyman Chuck DeVore for the GOP nomination.

In a friendly statement Wednesday, DeVore said he looks forward "to engaging [her] on the issues Californians care about."
A recent Field poll suggested that both Fiorina and DeVore polled at about 20 percent, with 60 percent of Republican voters undecided.
The ex-Fortune 500 CEO, who left Hewlett-Packard in 2005 with a severance package estimated to be worth between $21.5 million and $40 million, is expected to enjoy a significant financial advantage over DeVore, who entered October with just $144,000 in the bank.
The Fiorina-DeVore matchup has all the makings of another Republican battle between the conservative wing of the party and national leaders seeking the most electable candidate.

Fiorina has claimed that the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee is backing her bid, though an NRSC spokesman said no official endorsement has been made. Still, NRSC Chairman John Cornyn pointed to Fiorina in September as an example of a "strong female candidate" running as a Republican in 2010.

A string of conservative bloggers have lined up behind DeVore, and South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint said Tuesday that he was backing the assemblyman.

The winner of that race will face three-term Sen. Barbara Boxer in November. Boxer's favorable rating stood at 48 percent in a recent Field poll, a number that gives Republicans hope she is vulnerable against a well-funded opponent.

Boxer is known to be a formidable political opponent, but Fiorina said Wednesday that she's ready for the challenge.

"After chemothereapy, Barbara Boxer just really isn't that scary any more, especially when you know what to expect," said Fiorina, who battled breast cancer last spring. "She has always taken the low road to high office."
Though spending most of her life outside of politics, Fiorina is no stranger to the campaign trail, having served as one of then-Republican presidential candidate John McCain's chief surrogates in 2008.
Fiorina was eventually sidelined from that campaign after telling an interviewer that she didn't think either member of the GOP presidential ticket was qualified to run a major company.

In an election season in which the state's economic condition is set to dominate the debate, Fiorina is now the second high-profile former CEO running for statewide office in California. Former eBay CEO Meg Whitman announced last month she is running for governor.
National Democrats, meanwhile, appear eager to take on Fiorina, who left Hewlett-Packard five years ago amid controversy.

"The hallmark of Carly Fiorina's résumé is her tenure at Hewlett-Packard, where she laid off 28,000 Americans while shipping jobs overseas, just before taking a $21 million golden parachute," National Senatorial Campaign Committee spokesman Eric Schultz said. "Given that record, the United States Senate is the last place Carly Fiorina should go next."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]

SNIP

"The hallmark of Carly Fiorina's résumé is her tenure at Hewlett-Packard, where she laid off 28,000 Americans while shipping jobs overseas, just before taking a $21 million golden parachute," National Senatorial Campaign Committee spokesman Eric Schultz said. "Given that record, the United States Senate is the last place Carly Fiorina should go next."

If she could do this to the govt I would support her 100%.  Govt needs to layoff about half.    I will wait to pass further judgment.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]

"The hallmark of Carly Fiorina's résumé is her tenure at
Hewlett-Packard, where she laid off 28,000 Americans while shipping
jobs overseas, just before taking a $21 million golden parachute,"
National Senatorial Campaign Committee spokesman Eric Schultz said.
"Given that record, the United States Senate is the last place Carly
Fiorina should go next."

Frankly, I'd love to see her do exactly that if she gets elected by laying off have the civil service.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
She was a great CEO at HP...I don't think the HP heirs cared for her much though.  Hopefully she'll keep her business tactics if she gets elected.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]

I hope she hires some better speech writers.  her graduation speech at Stamford a few years ago was horrid.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

She was a great CEO at HP...I don't think the HP heirs cared for her much though.  Hopefully she'll keep her business tactics if she gets elected.

You're shitting me, right?

Fiorina was a fool of the highest order. From her AT&T days spinning out Lucent through the debacle of HP's split up, decimated share price, and massive layoffs, she is just another example of east-coast positive sexual discrimination gone bad.

Axing jobs, cutting your cost base, and then proclaiming how wonderfully you've done in order win short term bonuses and stock price bumps, only to then watch sales and your stock price tank and then grab yourself a huge golden parachute is not exactly skilled management.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to see her position on some of the important issues before anything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Kick her ass Carly!!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fiorina was a fool of the highest order. From her AT&T days spinning out Lucent through the debacle of HP's split up, decimated share price, and massive layoffs, she is just another example of east-coast positive sexual discrimination gone bad.

Axing jobs, cutting your cost base, and then proclaiming how wonderfully you've done in order win short term bonuses and stock price bumps, only to then watch sales and your stock price tank and then grab yourself a huge golden parachute is not exactly skilled management.

Indeed. She did about all she could to drive HP into the dirt. Still better than Boxer though!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I was in SV at the time of her tenure, and let me tell you, she was NOT what you think she was.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Still better than Boxer though!!

Yeah, but the dog turds I pick up when I walk my dog would be better than Boxer, so the bar isn't exactly high.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
California Republican = RINO or Un-electable                      Pick which is applicable

Didn't this woman help run some large company into the ground?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
U do realize she's anti gun.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fuck her!! Her fiscal responsibility isn't shit! My MIL worked for her at HP and she would come home from work bitching about this woman
daily about how she can't take any criticism or advice. Then she goes and runs the fucking company into the dirt with her fucking decision to merge with Compaq along with the share holders who believed her Jedi bullshit and how it would be great for the company. Then gets kicked to the curb and takes with her a shit load of cash, mega millions, by the way. How will she spend your tax dollars and vote your liberty away? Go vote and find out!!
Fucking cunt...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fuck her!! Her fiscal responsibility isn't shit! My MIL worked for her at HP and she would come home from work bitching about this woman

daily about how she can't take any criticism or advice. Then she goes and runs the fucking company into the dirt with her fucking decision to merge with Compaq along with the share holders who believed her Jedi bullshit and how it would be great for the company. Then gets kicked to the curb and takes with her a shit load of cash, mega millions, by the way. How will she spend your tax dollars and vote your liberty away? Go vote and find out!!

Fucking cunt...

Ok, vote for Boxer then.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Anybody but "X"... where have I heard that before and what has it ALWAYS got us...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Anybody but "X"... where have I heard that before and what has it ALWAYS got us...

Who else is running for this senate seat?

Is DeVore any better?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Who else is running for this senate seat?  

How the shit should I know... I live in Nevada. I was just making the point that the "Anybody but X" syndrome often leads to a bigger disaster.

Fiona was a MAJOR disaster at HP.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+100

That woman could fuck up a one-car funeral.  The Compaq deal was her baby, don't forget.  

That said, she did negotiate a SICK severance package (21M, IIRC), so she's no fool.  But she did make some HORRENDOUS decisions while at HP.  Hurd had to come clean that place up (sorta)...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#20]
She has to win a primary first. Perhaps someone else will enter(?)
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#21]
ABB.....Anybody but Boxer..The ole hag needs to be thrown.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fucking cunt...

Ok, vote for Boxer then.  

I'll vote for the I insted! Unlike most I don't get caught up in Ds and Rs.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fucking cunt...

Ok, vote for Boxer then.  

Who is the I?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fucking cunt...

Ok, vote for Boxer then.  

Who is the I?

The one that gets Bahxah re-elected.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Boxer isn't?  

Fucking cunt...

Ok, vote for Boxer then.  

Who is the I?

Don't know! Guess I wont check the senate one than..

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Boxer blows poodles for quarters...period.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope she bitch slaps Barbara Boxer in the election.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/04/fiorina.senate/index.html

(CNN) –– Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina finally made it official Wednesday: She's running for Senate in California.

..............................."

There is no one left in California to appreciate the fact that she has the skills to do almost any job.

Those that are left in Cali to vote are going to see here as part of the racist, right wing, white establishment.

She's wasting her time and money.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#28]
She phucked up HP, now she can do it to all the US Taxpayers.

INVENT.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed. She did about all she could to drive HP into the dirt. Still better than Boxer though!!

This is what they said about Mc Cain when they voted Obama in. Becareful.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top