Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 11:46:21 AM EDT
I really want to get a Springfield XD, since it feel salmost as good as my 1911 in my hand.

But I am concerned about getting spare parts if needed. I really do not want to wait while the gun is having a minor issue repaired, like a spring or a broken pin.

So, my question is this- why won't Springfield Armory sell XD parts?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
its to avoid liability concerns.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get the vast majority of pins and springs and whatnot: XDguys.  But not the extractor.  Which does piss me off mightily.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
So I guess my hope of buying a compact-size slide for my full-size XD is bound for failure even if possible, eh?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I didn't know that, that's incredibly stupid.  Add the XD to the list of guns I'd never own then...

Can you get spare parts for the M&P?  It was my other plastic gun desire.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
what spare parts. If it breaks, send it back, they fix it! I love ALL of my XD's
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what spare parts. If it breaks, send it back, they fix it! I love ALL of my XD's

some of us want spare parts on hand so our gun isnt down for weeks or months while the factory fucks around with it.  

SW
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm...this is a VERY coincidental topic.

About 15 minutes ago I ordered some spare parts for my XD precursor directly from Springfield.  No issues of any kind.

I have an HS 2000.  I wonder if that, along with the specific parts I ordered, makes any difference?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Because they don't make the parts?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmm...this is a VERY coincidental topic.

About 15 minutes ago I ordered some spare parts for my XD precursor directly from Springfield.  No issues of any kind.

I have an HS 2000.  I wonder if that, along with the specific parts I ordered, makes any difference?

What parts did you get, and was it a hassle of any kind?

ALso, can you get the extractor?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
According to the manual found here:

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/springfieldarmory_xd.pdf

I ordered a Striker Spring Guide, Striker Status Indicator and a Recoil Spring Assembly.  I didn't try to order and extractor.  Maybe I should give it a try.  It won't hurt to have extra parts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I guess my hope of buying a compact-size slide for my full-size XD is bound for failure even if possible, eh?

it won't fit anyway. its not like a glock.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
They sell quite a few parts for their pistols. I've emailed them directly and they offered to sell me the parts I was looking for. They might not sell every single thing, but a vast majority of the likely to break parts are available. I bet there are aftermarket replacements for the few parts Springfield won't sell...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top