Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 11:17:42 AM EDT
http://www.politico.com/livepulse/1109/Pelosi_dismisses_impact_of_New_Jersey_Virginia.html

Most House Democrats tried to put a good face on Tuesday's election results, saying they picked up two more votes for a sweeping health care bill that could be on the floor as early as Friday.

But it can't make it any easier for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as she works to corral the last holdouts she needs to pass legislation overhauling the nation’s health care system.

Of course, the speaker, who told POLITICO recently she's "not big on showing weakness," brushed aside questions about how the Democratic gubernatorial losses in Virginia and New Jersey would impact her final tally and instead trumpeted the two special election House wins.

"From our perspective, we won last night," the California Democrat told reporters during a Wednesday photo op. "We had one race that we were engaged in, it was in northern New York, it was a race where a Republican has held the seat since the Civil War. And we won that seat. So, from our standpoint, no, a candidate was victorious who supports health care reform, and his remarks last night said this was a victory for health care reform and other initiatives for the American people."

"From our standpoint, we picked up votes last night," a cheerful Pelosi said, "one in California and one in New York."

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Nancy.

Shut the fuck up, you stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Politician putting the best possible spin on the outcome.

Shocking.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Good.  Let her and the rest of the mindless liberals keep thinking that.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good.  Let her and the rest of the mindless liberals keep thinking that.  

no kidding, they won a divided elestion to begin with and cali.  everywhere else... they lost BADLY

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Pelosi is mad
Democrats lose major ground
She claims victory
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/1109/Pelosi_dismisses_impact_of_New_Jersey_Virginia.html

Most House Democrats tried to put a good face on Tuesday's election results, saying they picked up two more votes for a sweeping health care bill that could be on the floor as early as Friday.

But it can't make it any easier for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as she works to corral the last holdouts she needs to pass legislation overhauling the nation’s health care system.

Of course, the speaker, who told POLITICO recently she's "not big on showing weakness," brushed aside questions about how the Democratic gubernatorial losses in Virginia and New Jersey would impact her final tally and instead trumpeted the two special election House wins.

"From our perspective, we won last night," the California Democrat told reporters during a Wednesday photo op. "We had one race that we were engaged in, it was in northern New York, it was a race where a Republican has held the seat since the Civil War. And we won that seat. So, from our standpoint, no, a candidate was victorious who supports health care reform, and his remarks last night said this was a victory for health care reform and other initiatives for the American people."

"From our standpoint, we picked up votes last night," a cheerful Pelosi said, "one in California and one in New York."

Unfortunately, from HER standpoint they did win...

NJ and VA were state races..../

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Her head is planted firmly up her ass. She's spinning and knows it.

I'll bet in reality, though, there were tears on her pillow last night.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really hate to agree with Dave_A but I have to in this case.  And I hate that fascist cunt more than almost anything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Two words:
"Damage Control"

Dont want to spook the sheep.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two words:
"Damage Control"

Dont want to spook the sheep.

This.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Pelosi is mad

She claims victory

NICE!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

State races have national implications. The Dems swept into Governorships all over this country during the Bush years and now the Dems control both houses of Congress and the White House. Implications...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hey Nancy.

First post wins.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#14]
"From our perspective, we won last night!"

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Look at her eye's there is nothing in that head but AIR.......
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Liberalism is a mental disease.  She's a total whack-job.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Derp derp derp derp....

the only image I have of Pelosi anymore are the StevenCrowder impersonation, and her shaking her fist, cry, saying rhetoric.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
double speak.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She's right, in a way.  Governor races don't mean shit as far as passing socialized healthcare.  She picked up 2 more House votes.

The real test will be in 2010 after the Congress passes socialized medicine on partizan lines and the whole country re-elects (or not) everyone in the House and 1/3 of the Senate.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Let's face it, our party is in the ditch and will remain there for a very long time.  Only 20% consider themselves Republicans and our party has no leaders at all.  Palin proved how dumb she was and how much she destroyed out party, Romney is a fail...he failed last primary, Huckabee is a fail b/c hardly no one wants an Ex Minister for POTUS.  The country has made a dramatic move left and like most experts are saying it'll take 10-20 years before the Republicans see light of day again...numbers never lie.  And these Tea Parties, etc aren't gaining any votes b/c none of those people voted for BHO anyway.  Our party has lost the last 3 elections with each one being lost even worse...it's a downward spiral, we live in a heavily Liberal country now.  The numbers never lie.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pelosi is mad
She claims victory

I see what you did there

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really hate to agree with Dave_A but I have to in this case.  And I hate that fascist cunt more than almost anything.

Yeah, I agree.  "Conservatives" lost where it really mattered yet everybody is excited to be a Republican today.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree.  "Conservatives" lost where it really mattered yet everybody is excited to be a Republican today.

"Conservatives" lost after being in that race for 3 weeks..  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Amazingly enough, the media will pick up her quote, repeat it and half the country will believe her.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you believe what she'd say if she broke a lamp, "Wasn't Me".  She lies more than a crack head going to prision !!!  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, she's worse than Bagdad Bob.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And I'd have to agree that she's right.

Like the poster above me mentioned, the NY23 race has NATIONAL implications. I'm happy about NJ and VA, but those don't have the same effect as losing a congressional seat that's been in Republican hands since the 1800s.

Well, I'll just say it was lost to conservatives long before yesterday.  When the GOP nominates a fucking DIABLO, it's pointless.  (Democrap In All But Label Only)  way worse than a rino, and proven when the twatwaffle endorsed the lib.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Ummm.........(whisper)she DID win.  The House has one more D.  Why is this hard to understand?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]

hmmm.....

let's see here sarah palin and other conservatives support hoffman a couple weeks before the election

scozzafazza was on the voting ballot twice

and hoffman's polling numbers were in the teens just a couple weeks ago

oh yeah, lets not forget the absentee ballots that were cast before that cunt dropped out.

nice call pelosi

just wait till next years election you freakin succubus

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Could I just say fuck Pelosi in her wrinkled up old psychotic mouth???  And fuck Bozobama.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#32]
She is an optimist!

The glass is half full.....

of urine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#34]
From a congressional standpoint, the Dems did win. She's right.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Nancy is nothing but a dirty San Fransico cunt whos name doesn't deserve to be on ARF.com
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Let's face it, our party is in the ditch and will remain there for a very long time.  Only 20% consider themselves Republicans and our party has no leaders at all.  Palin proved how dumb she was and how much she destroyed out party, Romney is a fail...he failed last primary, Huckabee is a fail b/c hardly no one wants an Ex Minister for POTUS.  The country has made a dramatic move left and like most experts are saying it'll take 10-20 years before the Republicans see light of day again...numbers never lie.  And these Tea Parties, etc aren't gaining any votes b/c none of those people voted for BHO anyway.  Our party has lost the last 3 elections with each one being lost even worse...it's a downward spiral, we live in a heavily Liberal country now.  The numbers never lie.

Maybe you should look at the returns.  Palin's pick nearly won as an Independent

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey Nancy.

This!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hey Wizz! I remember you! Remember that time you cited rasmussen's numbers wrong? I'm still waiting to find out if I had the wrong rasmussen!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=904179

and a post from the other thread to bring others up to speed:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other sources say other wise.

Yeah, like every other source

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Exactly.....thanks

Rasmussen polls a much older crowd.  Remember when they told us that McCain would win the election??...and then the Liberal won by 7% which is massive in Politics.  Rasmussen is 'feel good' polling, Gallup was much more accurate.

You couldn't mean this rasmussen.. I mean I searched the internet a few times, this was the only Scott rasmussen 2008 election numbers chart I could find. I mean, these couldn't POSSIBLY be those numbers, because you'd be dead wrong.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/general_election_match_up_history
You diseased maniac!

(pic for the lazy)

Oh and who is 'us' you referred to... you are CLEARLY not one of 'us'

ETA: the end count was 46-53 for the actual election. Factoring in the voter fraud, I'd say Rasmussen was as dead on as you could expect.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pelosi is mad
She claims victory

haiku!

Geshundeit
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Getting a little worried your team is starting to crack in front of your face, that O is an empty suit; better hope your capt. at the helm Pelosi can push her BS through in one years time, times a-tickin' and her ship is taking on water...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't know if this is putting a good face on it or really crazy.

Bob Beckel was on Fox last night and said that people wanted health care "reform", and the more they heard about it, the more they really wanted it.

He may be legaly insane.

But, if Obama wakes up from this, he may stop dithering, and move toward the center.  Clinton did.

The Left will not go away quietly. This may be fun!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey Nancy.

That just can't be said enough!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#44]
FUCK obama.  

And you too, pelosi.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then she's deluding herself.

She picked up two votes and lost 40, including all those blue dogs who watched the election returns last night and saw a year into the future when they too could be on the losing end of a 20 point blowout.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#46]
They picked up two house votes.

They will squander it all away, soon enough.

That's right Nancy, keep your fingers in your ears, like a good girl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top