Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 10:39:08 AM EDT
I'm arguing with a libtard and mentioned the two million tea party protesters in D.C. I know this guy, and the first thing he's going to do is pretend the tea party protest wasn't anywhere near that large. I know there were some solid figures on how many attended, and I already have photos of the crowd, but I need links to the number of people who attended so I can counter him the moment he tries it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you it sure wasn't 2 million. Much less. I can dig up some 'official' numbers though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, I saw "official" numbers of 10,000 when it was clearly well in excess of a million.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the Brit newspapers listed it as 1.5 million.......Fox News says 70,000.......depends upon who you want to listen too........
doubt you will change his mind.......
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
O'Reilly stated that there were 70,000 protesters...and he got his numbers from the Fire Dept.

The DC Fire Dept is not responsible for estimating crowd numbers.

The head man at the DC office of the National Park Service, which IS the official estimator of crowds, says there were in execess of1.5 million.

Who are you going to trust?

Sorry, I have no links, but the info was posted here at the time and had links to news sites quoting "1.5 million or more"

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd say there was about 500k
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there. I believe 1.5 million. Glenn Beck found some analysis of areal photographs from some university in the mid-west that said I think 1.5-1.7 million. There were people EVERYWHERE!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Let him make his own conclusion. Make him watch the video.

Two links to the 9-12 time lapse.  3 1/2 hours of people flow on the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1cqF0YkuZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjvc6baor8

I just did a google search for "time lapse video 9-12"  There are more links around than what I provided.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was there. I believe 1.5 million. Glenn Beck found some analysis of areal photographs from some university in the mid-west that said I think 1.5-1.7 million. There were people EVERYWHERE!

Was there as well, and Park Police estimated close to a million at the peak, so it's safe to say that at least 600/700k - 1 million, and Oreily is a douche, there were about 70k when things got started, certainly far more than that when all was said and done.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The head man at the DC office of the National Park Service, which IS
the official estimator of crowds, says there were in excess of1.5
million.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I work in libtard central.  Liberal town with liberal citizens.  While chatting with several co-workers, I mentioned having attended a tea party recently.  They didn't know what a tea party was.  I described the huge 9/12 rally in DC, and they were puzzled by that.  Never heard of it.  

The media is doing its job very well.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe the University of Illinois, of all places, did a satellite analysis, and came up with 1.6 million.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
O'Reilly stated that there were 70,000 protesters...and he got his numbers from the Fire Dept.

The DC Fire Dept is not responsible for estimating crowd numbers.

The head man at the DC office of the National Park Service, which IS the official estimator of crowds, says there were in execess of1.5 million.

Who are you going to trust?

Sorry, I have no links, but the info was posted here at the time and had links to news sites quoting "1.5 million or more"

Don in Ohio

I found the info I needed. 1.5 million+.

And since I'm going into the National Park Service and know how they operate, I'll believe their numbers over the D.C.F.D. or O'Reilly.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Supposed the Metro/Transit Authority (whatever they're called) posted some stats about this too. Might be worth looking at.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top