Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:21:54 AM EDT
For those of you who have alarm systems, do you arm your system when you are home?

ETA:  This poll doesn't ask about arming the system when you are not at home.  This is ONLY about whether or not you arm your system while you are at home.

I ask for a couple of reasons.  First is b/c for the first time, I was recently hearing noises in my house that were making me paranoid that someone was inside.  Obviously, there was not anyone inside our home but us, but that didn't stop me from getting up to investigate a few times .  It really got me thinking about arming my system when we go to bed.  If I do that, I may want to install a bypass switch that would allow me to open the back door to let the dog out for a moment to pee so that I don't have to disable the alarm every time.

2ndly, I just think it's really funny how on all the Broadview / ADT / etc. commercials they always show people arming their systems when they are home.  I really don't know anyone that does that so I was just curious if it was just me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I typically arm it when I'm home sleeping.  That could be at night or during the day (like this week 2200-0600 shift).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]
we do not arm it when we are home, BUT we have panic buttons placed around the house that activate the alarm if needed even when it is not armed. Our dog goes out too much to be arming and unarming it all the time.

J-
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I suppose you want to know the combination to my safe too?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
poll fail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top