Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 4:31:54 PM EDT
I want to ship a rifle to Miami, FL from Atlanta, GA.  I know that I need to ship it to an ffl but do I have to ship it FROM an ffl in GA to the ffl in FL? I was under the impression that if I got a signed copy of an ffl, I could ship it to the ffl myself.Please help me out. Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to ship a rifle to Miami, FL from Atlanta, GA.  I know that I need to ship it to an ffl but do I have to ship it FROM an ffl in GA to the ffl in FL? I was under the impression that if I got a signed copy of an ffl, I could ship it to the ffl myself.Please help me out. Thanks ahead of time.
View Quote

No, you don't need to ship it from an FFL.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use USPS because they won't inquire about package contents.  If you ship it via UPS they'll ask and if you tell them it's a firearm you may get the run-a-round if dealing w/ one of the airheads that doesn't know squat.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
308...if you do not have an FFL dealer lined up, I can heartily recommend Bird Road Pawn & Gun
(305)559-2203.  NO "attitude", prompt and reliable. Somewhat centrally located in Miami. They've done 2 transfers for me and I'll use them again when needed. My 2c.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to tell them there its a firearm.If you dont and it gets lost/stolen they wont cover it.Take it to one of there hubs,not a independent pickup.Thet are not employess of UPS and thats why UPS doesn't want guns droped off there.What the hell diffrence 500.00 of gun parts or a 500.00 reciever makes I dont know.Reciever no,parts yes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
308...if you do not have an FFL dealer lined up, I can heartily recommend Bird Road Pawn & Gun
(305)559-2203.  NO "attitude", prompt and reliable. Somewhat centrally located in Miami. They've done 2 transfers for me and I'll use them again when needed. My 2c.
Stay safe
View Quote

As far as I know the owner ( Dave ) there will not handle it unless it comes from an FFL. Otherwise they are OK.
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You have to tell them there its a firearm.If you dont and it gets lost/stolen they wont cover it.Take it to one of there hubs,not a independent pickup.Thet are not employess of UPS and thats why UPS doesn't want guns droped off there.What the hell diffrence 500.00 of gun parts or a 500.00 reciever makes I dont know.Reciever no,parts yes.
View Quote

You have to tell UPS it's a gun...you do NOT have to tell the Post Office.  The law states you have to notify common carriers but it does not say you have to notify the post office when shipping a long gun.  I have also never been asked what I am insuring when filling out the insurance form at the post office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top