Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:09:41 AM EDT
and a Christian and I'm not ashamed of it.  That is all.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I just don't see where some things people get mad about is backed by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

WTF is a social conservative and how is that different than a real conservative?
I hear in Nazi Germany they added "Social" in front of a bunch of common words and phrases too.  Just sayin'
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is a social conservative and how is that different than a real conservative?
I hear in Nazi Germany they added "Social" in front of a bunch of common words and phrases too.  Just sayin'

Homosexual marriage is a no go and abortion is murder.  It's as simple as that.  I don't hate gay people, nor am I a Nazi.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
How does two guys getting married affect you?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Two more women available.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How does a church or state marriage affect them?  Why do they feel a need for age-old institutions to adapt to them?  Why not just make the church of gay and pass out marriage certs with Burger King crowns and everyone can keep doing what they want to do?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Homosexuality is a sin.  I do not want my government encouraging or participating in sinfull behavior.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
+1.

All people have rights, and I believe two people of the same gender can have a "union."   But "marriage" is 1 man + 1 woman.   In the eyes of the law, make a union = marriage for tax purposes and insurance; however they are NOT the same.  Period.  

Although I would not make same-gender couples illegal to adopt children; I personally think it's a BAD idea from a child-development standpoint.    Sorry, two daddies raising kids is just as bad as welfare mommies cranking out the little "Tax Rebates."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's great , just don't impose your values on me , or the legislature.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Homosexuality is a sin.  I do not want my government encouraging or participating in sinfull behavior.  

Then how about a conservative solution: Get the Federal Gov't out of anything to do with marriage. I am pretty sure it has no rights to interviene in contracts between citizens.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
+1.

All people have rights, and I believe two people of the same gender can have a "union."   But "marriage" is 1 man + 1 woman.   In the eyes of the law, make a union = marriage for tax purposes and insurance; however they are NOT the same.  Period.  

Although I would not make same-gender couples illegal to adopt children; I personally think it's a BAD idea from a child-development standpoint.    Sorry, two daddies raising kids is just as bad as welfare mommies cranking out the little "Tax Rebates."

So you are worried about the definition of a word? Grow up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Me too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Me too!!!  Glad to see a couple of us are left.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a radical conservative

or a right wing extremist if you like
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#18]
The state should have nothing to do with marriages which are traditionally a matter for the church.  The gov should give out civil unions to anyone who wants one and leave marriages to the churches.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
............Get the Federal Gov't out of anything to do with marriage.

Exactly............
Kinda like the state of Maine did. I like the way you think............

a-bare

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The state should have nothing to do with marriages which are traditionally a matter for the church.  The gov should give out civil unions to anyone who wants one and leave marriages to the churches.

Yup. I don't give a shit if 60 men want to get married to each other, it has NOTHING to do with me and my values.

As long as they are all consenting adults they should be able to do whatever they want to each other as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm a Libertarian.

About marriage...

I think that if anyone wants to have a union with a person of their choice (no matter race or sex) they should be able to. I may not agree with it personally, but I will not deny someone's freedom for what they believe/want.   But we have 2 problems here:

1. Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman.  So the gay/lesbian crowd must come up with a new name for their 'union'.
2. If gays/lesbians want to be married, then this could lead to government putting their hand into the church.  Many people feel you must be 'married/unioned' in a church, well... the church does not allow gay/lesbian marriage.  Do you see how this could call for government power in the church?  This would then be a direct violation of church's rights.

Abortion, it is removing the rights of human life that has been created.  The mother had the freedom to take her risks and must suffer the consequences just like a responsible freedom loving citizen should do in everything.  If it was due to rape, 2 wrongs do not make a right.  Give the child to adoption.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Did I miss something?

Why is this thread about gay marriage?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I like freedom.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#24]
It impacts all of us when the current social-political landscape allows being gay black purple or green to equal "extra rights".  I dont give a shit if a guy wants to marry a guy.  But it doesnt mean they should get any rights or demand "respect" from the rest of us.  Nor should we change the definition or whats normal just to make people feel better.  I dont hate anybody because they are different.  But if they want to push an agenda on me....i say fuck off.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deconstruction through redefinition

I see homosexual marriage as being no different than how the liberals want to redefine the second ammendment.

If gays want a government recognized civil union. I don't care. It isn't a "marriage". Quit trying to redefine it as such.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#27]

One of the few times this picture is OK to post! Good work!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

by the way they vote.

wake up
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did I miss something?

This thread is not about gay marriage; it is about "social conservatism"  which as one of its main tennents includes the opposition to gay marriage.

Some of us true conservatives feel that such a viewpoint is anti-Liberty, and wish the Religous Right would figure out that Liberty is what is important.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says you, so because YOU think it's a sin, we should prevent gays from being able to marry?  The fact that Jack and Joe want to marry does not affect me in the slightest, and best of luck to them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Did I miss something?

Oops!
You're right..............
<––––––––––––––––-Here I am clinging to my guns and bible.
I also, am a christian and not ashamed...........

a-bare

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

by the way they vote.
wake up

So you are against allowing homosexuals the right to participate in our Government?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says you, so because YOU think it's a sin, we should prevent gays from being able to marry?  The fact that Jack and Joe want to marry does not affect me in the slightest, and best of luck to them.

No brother. 31 out of 31 states agree it's a sin. You are in the minority
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

by the way they vote.
wake up

So you are against allowing homosexuals the right to participate in our Government?

No, I'm against folks who back Marxist candidates.

again, wake up...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two more women available.

Thats how is see it.

AS for the argument at had...I really dont get this shit.  WTF would you want the goverment enforcing your religious beliefs.  I guess its okay as long as they are YOUR beliefs, but what happens when they start enforcing someone elses?  The slope is slippery but i think people are confussed about which direction its facing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Because there in my view area.

Hey, Raphi does your finger smell like mine. Yeah!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

by the way they vote.
wake up

again, wake up...

How the hell do you link a person's sexual preference to their political views? Are all hetero's conservative?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not the states place to decide whats a sin, nor to enforce it.  Protecting the people has nothing to do with whats a sin or not.  

Premarital sex is a sin, should we outlaw that as well?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then how about a conservative solution: Get the Federal Gov't out of anything to do with marriage. I am pretty sure it has no rights to interviene in contracts between citizens.

Now theres a good concept and maybe it could transer to other areas of the GOV.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#40]
No true Christian believes non-Christians should be converted by the sword. In a similar manner, the guys with badges and handcuffs should not be enforcing some folks notion of "morality" unless those "immoral" actions put innocents at risk of injury or death or deprive others of their rights.

example #1: I don't care if you get shitfaced drunk or stoned as long as you aren't driving and endangering other motorists in your impared state.

example #2: I don't care if you get shitfaced drunk or stoned as long as you aren't stealing from others to pay for your habit.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

and a Christian and I'm not ashamed of it. That is all.

+1
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I take it you've never spoken the Lord's name in vain, had pre-marital sex, engaged in oral or anal sex with your wife/girlfriend, or been lustful?

Pretty sure all of those are sins too...

I personally have no problem with gay people having some kind of civil union. Most gays are not lisping flamers who wear assless chaps and like to be chained down and have their asshole teamed by Pablo the pool boy.

But hey, this is Arfcom, gotta keep those stereotypes going!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

by the way they vote.
wake up

again, wake up...

How the hell do you link a person's sexual preference to their political views? Are all hetero's conservative?

No but a MAJORITY of gays vote democrat.
You are worse than the drive by media.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not the states place to decide whats a sin, nor to enforce it.  Protecting the people has nothing to do with whats a sin or not.  

Premarital sex is a sin, should we outlaw that as well?

That's exactly where it should be decided, and not buy the Federal Gov't.

Morals are determined by what society will tolerate, and for the time being, society has spoken.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#45]
If we'd abolish the church and become a truly free society, these issues wouldn't come up.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If we'd abolish the church and become a truly free society, these issues wouldn't come up.

Or we can just get rid if the liberals

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

by the way they vote.

wake up

again, wake up...

I wonder why?

GOP needs to be more tolerant instead of talking about banning social behaviors because they are a sin.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What an absolutely stupid statement!

Humans can establish societal norms internally through religious institutions, or externally through government decree enforced by JBTs. Norms established by religious institutions are far more tolerant of individual freedom than enforcement by JBTs. Example: Mao's JBTs killed 50 million because they didn't live up to Mao's "norms". How many millions of American citizens has the church killed in America since 1949?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

by the way they vote.
wake up

again, wake up...

Really? A majority of gays vote one way? Do you have some stats to back up that claim, because I've never seen them.
And even so, a large population of Blacks vote for Democrats, are you agaisnt Black marriages? I am not trying to make you seem stupid, I just don't understand the logic you are attempting to apply.

(Perhaps you'd like to continue this discussion like a grown-man and cut out the increasingly demeaning personal attacks. I'd apprectiate it.)

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't think we need to abolish the / any church, I just think our Government needs to be focused on limiting our personal Liberty to the least degree possible while fufilling the proper role of Government.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top