Posted: 11/4/2009 4:46:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What does AISD stand for?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What does AISD stand for?

I"m guessing Austin Independent School District.

ETA:  Why leave that shit in your car?  Common sense would tell you to secure it in your home.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sandoval resigned from AISD PD in August after being arrested for allegedly drinking at his second job is a club DJ on 6th Street.
http://www.kvue.com/news/Teens-charged-for-stealing-AISD-police-gear-out-of-patrol-car-68973772.html

Lost me right there
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sandoval resigned from AISD PD in August after being arrested for allegedly drinking at his second job is a club DJ on 6th Street.
http://www.kvue.com/news/Teens-charged-for-stealing-AISD-police-gear-out-of-patrol-car-68973772.html

Lost me right there

It was the last sentence of the article.  You didn't miss much.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lost me right there

I think the theft occurred before the resignation....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
So, I'm kind of confused here. The guy was forced to quit because he had a drink at a SECOND job when he was not at work as a police officer?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Ar15 ?    Rough school, but I like the way they think.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, I'm kind of confused here. The guy was forced to quit because he had a drink at a SECOND job when he was not at work as a police officer?

Illegal to drink if you work for the bar, DJ included.   I found out about that last week, after 2 years of being a club DJ with 3 free drinks a night.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, it doesnt make sense.  This is a very confusing article

Quoted:

Illegal to drink if you work for the bar, DJ included.   I found out about that last week, after 2 years of being a club DJ with 3 free drinks a night.  

Is that just a Tejas thing?  I've never heard that anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ar15 ?    Rough school, but I like the way they think.

Austin on one side is full of yippies in the making.  East Austin is all about thugs of a certain racial disposition and gang banging.  Hardly a rough neighborhood.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure.    If anyone that works for a liscensee is intoxicated, it's illegal.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Waitresses etc? When guys buy the wiatress a shot that's illegal?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#13]
There was a dallas SWAT guy that had his gear lifted from his tahoe.  Gear was in a security locker.  This happened about two weeks ago, although IIRC they made an arrest on that too

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]
If an officer says the waitress is intoxicated, yeah, it's illegal.  The tricky thing is there is no limit for intoxication.   If you smell like beer and slur a word, they can arrest you for it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There was a dallas SWAT guy that had his gear lifted from his tahoe.  Gear was in a security locker.  This happened about two weeks ago, although IIRC they made an arrest on that too

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That sounds like a planned theft.  Most auto burglaries are done by crackheads, or kids with a spark-plug-chunk.  It takes tools and time to pry open one of those security lock-boxes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#16]
thanks god for dumb criminals.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
dt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think that they actually drink all those shots do you? Many waitresses "chase" it with a beer, but what they actually do is spit back into the bottle. They usuallly do this to get a person liquored up and spend up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If an officer says the waitress is intoxicated, yeah, it's illegal.  The tricky thing is there is no limit for intoxication.   If you smell like beer and slur a word, they can arrest you for it.

So bartenders shouldn't smell like beer.  Got it.

WTF, I thought Texas was a free state.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think that they actually drink all those shots do you? Many waitresses "chase" it with a beer, but what they actually do is spit back into the bottle. They usuallly do this to get a person liquored up and spend up.

You may be right about the waitresses, but I have several friends that are bartenders, and most of them have their own drinks and are at least tipsy by the end of the night.  Ive never heard anything about this being illegal before
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#21]
After 17 years in the bar/restaurant industry, i can tell you that the waitstaff (and cooks) ARE drinking those drinks. And their own drinks.

And it's illegal here as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas is a free state, but we some of the most fucked up liquor laws you've ever seen.  I blame it on people who can't keep their noses out of other people's business.  Hey, before all the prohibitionist/you can't be too safe types took over, we used to be able to drink and drive.  Life was good back then.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#23]
yeah texas had drive thru bar windows back in the day they put a lid on it and you had to break the seal yourself by inserting the straw.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I always loved the "beer drive-thru" concept.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
juvenile male and Michelle Lozano, 19. She lives a block away from the officer. A witness told police Lozano tried to sell the items. A theft warrant is issued for her arrest.

Maybe Im missing something here? But it sounds like some typos.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
juvenile male and Michelle Lozano, 19. She lives a block away from the officer. A witness told police Lozano tried to sell the items. A theft warrant is issued for her arrest.

Maybe Im missing something here? But it sounds like some typos.

yes you missed the and
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas is a free state, but we some of the most fucked up liquor laws you've ever seen.  I blame it on people who can't keep their noses out of other people's business.  Hey, before all the prohibitionist/you can't be too safe types took over, we used to be able to drink and drive.  Life was good back then.

Yup, there's too many churches for Texas to be a really free state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top