Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:02:45 PM EDT
After trying Camel Snus for the first time last week, I was curious and ordered a couple sample packs online.

I have to say that it is very different.  The Camel tastes more like candy, and this stuff is very strong!

And a pic of said snus  (sorry cellphone pic)

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Winnar, cope strait man here. What is the difference between long cut, and long cut strait?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Winnar, cope strait man here. What is the difference between long cut, and long cut strait?

Same cut, different flavor.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Death by Snu Snu!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love Camel Snus, but unfortunately they cost $7+ here since dear leader added another tax to tobacco.
Where did you order your snus from?

Getsnus.com

It came out to $3 a pack, and these have more per container
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

One sweeter or stronger? I mention that I chew long cut strait and people are usually like wow! Apparently, skoal apple and peach is popular.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Obligatory oral cancer photo

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One sweeter or stronger? I mention that I chew long cut strait and people are usually like wow! Apparently, skoal apple and peach is popular.
Straight is sweeter

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Straight is sweeter

Must be why I like it. Haha, what are the chances of getting oral cancer from a chew a day for roughly an hour 3 times a week?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Straight is sweeter

Must be why I like it. Haha, what are the chances of getting oral cancer from a chew a day for roughly an hour 3 times a week?
If you're worried about it, quit

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Straight is sweeter

More a morbid curisoity as I keep it in check, but just wonder if the anti dippers are right.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
BTW how do you like the various types of snus? What are the flavors?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive been wanting to try Snus for a while. When I tried to order some free samples stupid Ct doesnt allow free samples or some bs like that came up on the site.

I forgot which site, but SmPost.com has a lot of good info on smokeless Tobacco.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Straight is sweeter

More a morbid curisoity as I keep it in check, but just wonder if the anti dippers are right.

I don't know about Camel Snus but Swedish Snus is steam cured which apparently makes the amount of carcinogens very low. IIRC they haven't found many/any links to cancer to SWEDISH snus. Fuck knows how the Camel stuff is made, is it bad like dip? Who knows.

I've tried General from when some relatives from Norway were visiting. I don't smoke or dip but I found it to be incredibly strong. I've thought about ordering some Swedish snus to try.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I got the same sample pack as you. It's a good deal and pretty strong. However, I think I will stick with Skoal when I use these up. It just isn't doing it for me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got the same sample pack as you. It's a good deal and pretty strong. However, I think I will stick with Skoal when I use these up. It just isn't doing it for me.

I like the nick and johnny, tastes kinda like beef jerky
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I got one of the sample packs and have liked it ok so far.  I think I will stick with skoal though.  I will try other kinds of chew from time to time (loose leaf, plug, twist, snus) but ultimately it is snuff that I like the best.  Usually Skoal apple.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Thats cool, Snus is steam(or air I think) cured.
Doesn't have the carcinogens that fire cured dip does.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice selection! I love getsnus.com. Ettan loose became my copenhagen about a year ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you say you have a snuke in your sniz?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#22]
the goteborgs rape taste like fruit punch
try the gotlandssnus flander  it taste like fresh mown hay     well i am a farm boy and liked it
also the claq qui by roda lacket is a stronger sns and it taste somewhat like genrel
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Great idea!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Did you to get both a general and a mixed sampler?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I had the general sample and it tasted like what I would expect lemon pledge to taste like.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Hmm...interesting.

I tried some of that camel snus when they coupons in magazines for free...it was ok, but the fact that you had to keep it refrigerated made me hesitant to buy it again.

I'm gonna try that $3 sampler of the little foil sealed ones and see what I think

Speed
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#27]
they say u dont have to spit with snus, is this true or will it make ya puke like other smokeless products.  Im looking for something to get me away from the smell of cigarettes and this looks promising
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

they say u dont have to spit with snus, is this true or will it make ya puke like other smokeless products. Im looking for something to get me away from the smell of cigarettes and this looks promising

If you upper lip it, you will be fine....usually
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been on the Camel Snus kick for the past 2 or 3 months. I love it. No more spitting and no more shit in my teeth. Plus the shit actually tastes good. I loves me some Frost. The Mellow is not too bad either.

I lower lip it like a normal chew and have no issues not spitting.

I only refrigerate the new cans before they are opened.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't think the camel snus isn't very good since they give it away. I don't chew and if i did it would come in a pouch but anyway i have gotten around 15 cans worth of free coupons from camel this year.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wouldn't think the camel snus isn't very good since they give it away. I don't chew and if i did it would come in a pouch but anyway i have gotten around 15 cans worth of free coupons from camel this year.

Hell man, hook a brotha up if you don't want them. I will even send you 43 cents for the stamp
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Wow... Never seen Cope wintergreen....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#33]
All but two are expired. Fill out a card or two from them or sign up online. I did it about 10 years ago and have got alot of good discounts since.

The cans are handy if nothing else.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did you to get both a general and a mixed sampler?

Yep, got a little buy happy
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
they say u dont have to spit with snus, is this true or will it make ya puke like other smokeless products.  Im looking for something to get me away from the smell of cigarettes and this looks promising

With some of the bigger packs I do start to salivate a lot and have to spit, but I've swallowed some too and havent had anything bad happen
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
What do you do,just put a pinch of this shit in your mouth?Then what???Sorry for my dumb Q's,i've never used a tobacco product.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What do you do,just put a pinch of this shit in your mouth?Then what???

Sorry for my dumb Q's,i've never used a tobacco product.

pack it under your bottom lip and leave it there.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What do you do,just put a pinch of this shit in your mouth?Then what???Sorry for my dumb Q's,i've never used a tobacco product.

Then what?What does it "do" for you???
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you do,just put a pinch of this shit in your mouth?Then what???

Sorry for my dumb Q's,i've never used a tobacco product.

Then what?What does it "do" for you???

I don't know the science behind it, but some how the nicotine is absorbed through the gum. The nicotine give a mental "buzz". Its hard to describe unless you have had a tobacco product before. Although I've never had any form of smokeless tobacco, its my understanding that snus is much stronger than cigarettes.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Where can I get a sample pack?

General Snus won't send the free ones to Ct.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With snus, you stick it under your top lip to keep your spit out of it.

And yeah, it gives you a huge buzz for awhile, then you start to "need" it.

Not looking forward to that, but oh well
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Snus is great.  Ettan white taste like a cigar shop, so go that route if you like how a cigar shop smells.  If you want a lysol mixed with pussy taste do the Generals Onyx, also, the Onyx just generally kicks ass when it comes to fulfulling the crave of nicotine.  It feels/tastes "strong" at first but after about 5-10 minutes it's just generally mellow.  Also, I tend to leave it in until i get another craving for nicotine, so that can be upwards of an hour but by then it has barely any flavor.

As for swallowing, when it first hits your lip it'll produce a lot of saliva.  You can swallow and it doesn't make me sick but I tend to spit.  I don't like that last sentance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With snus, you stick it under your top lip to keep your spit out of it.

And yeah, it gives you a huge buzz for awhile, then you start to "need" it.

Not looking forward to that, but oh well

Harm Reduction.  No known correlation between cancer and SNUS.

Great way to quit smoking, the best idea is to buy a couple different flavors if you are going to quit and avoid the mini or white portions.  Also, ordering it off the internet makes it about 3.60 a tin of 24ish.  that's dirt cheap.

(about a 1.20 a day to cure all your cravings)

It's great because unlike the patch or gun or lozenges this actually gives you enough nicotine to calm the cravings down.  Plus, I use it at work and no one even knows.

DO NOT USE CAMEL SNUS.  It's sold as a smoking accesory.  It doesn't have enough nicotine to pull you off the cravings, you need a strong swedish SNUS to be succesful.  It kills my morning cravings completely and I can eat and drive without craving and even drink a lot of coffee and be safe from "needing" a smoke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top