Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:29:23 PM EDT
Anybody been?...checked on ticket prices...$75 a person
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted the same thing a few weeks back with not a lot of response....

Looks cool but pricey
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of concert? Is this an orchestra playing the sound track, or some bizarre rock group like you see in those funny internet pictures?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless it is a full symphony of storm troopers with darth vader as the orchestra director, I am not interested.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to go when it was here in Dallas a few weeks ago, but it was in Cowboys Stadium. It has shitty acoustics for concerts.  That and they wanted something like $40 to park - on top of the $75 per ticket. I passed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of concert? Is this an orchestra playing the sound track, or some bizarre rock group like you see in those funny internet pictures?

Orchestra with movie highlights playing in the background
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
They're butchering the classics!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I took the wife an kidlets to the show in Anaheim a few weeks ago. Kids fell asleep but the wife and I enjoyed it. Full symphony orchestra with a full choir as well. Visuals were nicely done and tied together fairly well, albeit a little redundant. Lasers, fireballs and other standard concert distractions were also used.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're butchering the classics!

Could that bassoon have come in any more late?  John Williams must be rolling over in his grave!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I wanted to go when it was here in Dallas a few weeks ago, but it was in Cowboys Stadium. It has shitty acoustics for concerts.  That and they wanted something like $40 to park - on top of the $75 per ticket. I passed.

They can shove that shit sideways.

I wouldn't pay that if they had Jabba himself in there eating goddamn democrats.

Holy shit!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can shove that shit sideways.

I wouldn't pay that if they had Jabba himself in there eating goddamn democrats.

Holy shit!

It's even worse for the Cowboys games. Parking rates are INSANE.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Floor seats are TOTALLY worth it.    The effects and lasers are incredible.   And the Orchestra is EXCELLENT.  Well worth the money I spent for my gf and I.    Even the $57 balcony seats would be good if you don't have the budget.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orchestra with movie highlights playing in the background

A custom reel of movie highlights choreographed to the music.  Combined with a laser and effects show.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A custom reel of movie highlights choreographed to the music.  Combined with a laser and effects show.

And hosted by Anthony Daniels.

It was full of win.

Plus there are displays of authentic movie props/outfits...

Like the original Boba Fett outfit... the original Chewie... all sorts of fun stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Took my 7 year old. He loved it, got him more interested in playing his violin. But I had the nose bleed seats for 35 bucks.

kinda an interesting way to introduce classic music to kids

For adults you have to be a star wars nut to really enjoy it. I love star wars but don't run around in star wars under-roos so it was ok for me.

The two geeky level 300 dungeon masters who sat in front of us did not enjoy it much because too many kids were talking, sneezing etc. I think

they would have enjoyed staying home and jerking off to pictures of slave leia.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was going to go, but same story.. expensive seats AND the "service charges" added up to $3 shy of the cost of another ticket.. fuck 'em all!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]
If it's anything like this I'd pay triple to see.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:27:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Guy up here at work took off one night to go see this. He said he really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#18]
A niped and tucked Carrie Fisher nude on stage?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Took my 7 year old. He loved it, got him more interested in playing his violin. But I had the nose bleed seats for 35 bucks.

kinda an interesting way to introduce classic music to kids

For adults you have to be a star wars nut to really enjoy it. I love star wars but don't run around in star wars under-roos so it was ok for me.

The two geeky level 300 dungeon masters who sat in front of us did not enjoy it much because too many kids were talking, sneezing etc. I think

they would have enjoyed staying home and jerking off to pictures of slave leia.

It's much more fun to find a gf who will dress like Slave Leia to do that for you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top