Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:01:19 PM EDT
I haven't had a landline in quite a while but Amazon had a pretty good deal on an Ooma hub and Ooma scout system that also came with a 4 gig iPod shuffle for $200.  You get a new phone number and it's all voice over IP. I have a good broadband cable connection to hook it up to.  There are no subscriptions or fees for the service as I understand it except for international calling and premium services like blocked callers/whitelists etc. so it's essentially free except for the hardware.

I haven't hooked it up yet because my wireless phones all need charged, but my question is does anybody on here use one and how good is the service?  I use my cell exclusively but AT&T doesn't cover my house that well and I get quite a few dropped calls.  I'm hoping this will be a lot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top