Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 4:38:37 PM EDT
I purchased some Thompson Center Shockwave sabots for my muzzleloader yesterday. I spoke with my brother last night and he told me he had a box and he no longer used these, so I could have them. Today I attempted to take the newly purchased sabots back to WalMart for a refund. I was stopped cold in my tracks by the attack hens at the return desk. They stated that these are ammunition and it is against federal law for WalMart to accept a return. They even quoted a lady who works there that used to own a gunstore so she ought to know.

My argument: No tax stamp, No Cartridge, No gunpowder/propellant.

Called two other large outdoor retailers who both told me there are no restrictions on taking these back. What say you?

Before the shitstorm starts: I did look at my local hometown, good ole boy gunstores, that I support religiously, but everyone was out of them. WalMart was my only local choice for purchase.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Wal-Mart has a store policy that has no returns on ammunition. Whether it's federal law or not, you're fucked either way.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Wal-Mart has a store policy that has no returns on ammunition. Whether it's federal law or not, you're fucked either way.

My Wal-Mart has a sign saying you can return ammunition within 24hours of purchase only.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is it ammunition?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I know of no large retailer that will take back Ammo after a sale.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Sell them on Gunbroker for triple what they are worth, everybody else does.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Them telling you it is "against federal law" is FOS.

However, if they have it posted that it is against their POLICY and all ammo sales are final, then there is nothing you can do about it.

A rose by any other name, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]
No retail store that I am aware of will allow ammunition to be returned.  Propellant or not what you purchased is considered ammunition.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Stop acting like a drama queen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Who cares?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.

And don't use the phrase, "What say you?" as it sounds like O'Reilly and he's an asshole.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
its not ammo its a projectile.

they should have taken it back but look at the place were talking about. walmart.

those people dont know the difference between that shit. i once heard the guy behind the gun counter (at walmart) tell another employee that he was going to buy that .50cal "sniper Rifle" behind the glass because that was the same rifle the snipers were using in iraq. he was referring to the camo black powder rifle..

seriously. accept your loss and go buy what you need from a reputable sporting goods store.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck it.

Just shoot more.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]
that don't sound like a big expediture......so fuck it
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not just shoot the damn things, I mean they were what? Like 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#17]

lol. i dont even want to know..

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#18]

i'm interested to see how this turns out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Sandy mangina?

Reading is fundamental. Try looking at the signs at WM.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Stop acting like a drama queen.

This...  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
It probably is not against official Wal-Mart corporate policy to accept a return on non-propellant reloading supplies.

That the peons at the customer service desk cannot differentiate between hunks of copper & lead and actual ammunition is not surprising.

From here, I'd say that (1) it's not worth the effort to even try to return them, much less argue at the customer service desk about their refusal to accept return and (2) that posting about it in GD is waayyyy more effort than I would have put into it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Why would you want less ammo?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#23]
No restriction even if was ammo.  Policy against returns, etc. for liability concerns, ppl get tired of explaining, just say "it's the law" and most ppl accept it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It probably is not against official Wal-Mart corporate policy to accept a return on non-propellant reloading supplies.

That the peons at the customer service desk cannot differentiate between hunks of copper & lead and actual ammunition is not surprising.

From here, I'd say that (1) it's not worth the effort to even try to return them, much less argue at the customer service desk about their refusal to accept return and (2) that posting about it in GD is waayyyy more effort than I would have put into it.

That.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
No massive adrenaline dump... this is why you fail...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

And don't use the phrase, "What say you?" as it sounds like O'Reilly and he's an asshole.

Trolling!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fuck it.

Just shoot more.

+1

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Wal-Mart has a sign saying you can return ammunition within 24hours of purchase only.  

Really? I'll have to check what mine says. I've always saw no returns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top