Well, booboo

Female FBI agent enters house with a cocked 229 and holsters it cocked
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Wat
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
So she didn't hit the de-cock?

I usually look for mistakes like firing a revolver 20 times without reloading.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Holstering a loaded gun? What insanity is this?!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holstering a COCKED sig 229 IS INSANITY...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just her SAS training kicking in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just curious, how's your cock holster healin up?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
At least she had the sense not to bring a Glock
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why it is any less insane than holstering a chambered Glock? They both have passive firing pin safeties preventing the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled and the SA trigger pull weight of a Sig is not much less than a Glock.

Just for the record, I am not recommending the practice of holstering a cocked DA pistol without using the decocker. I've carried a Sig every day at work for the last several years, and using the decocker is an ingrained habit for me. I just find it amusing that what is considered perfectly OK to do with one type of pistol, is an OMGWTF DON'T EVER DO THAT!!!, with another type.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why it is any less insane than holstering a chambered Glock? They both have passive firing pin safeties preventing the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled and the SA trigger pull weight of a Sig is not much less than a Glock.

Just for the record, I am not recommending the practice of holstering a cocked DA pistol without using the decocker. I've carried a Sig every day at work for the last several years, and using the decocker is an ingrained habit for me. I just find it amusing that what is considered perfectly OK to do with one type of pistol, is an OMGWTF DON'T EVER DO THAT!!!, with another type.

For a Glock to go off you have to trip the little lever in the middle of the trigger where the Sig just needs pressure on the trigger so it should be easier to get an ND with the SIG if the trigger hits something while you are reholstering.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a Glock to go off you have to trip the little lever in the middle of the trigger where the Sig just needs pressure on the trigger so it should be easier to get an ND with the SIG if the trigger hits something while you are reholstering.

Yeah, but if you use any sense reholstering, it isn't going to be an issue.

For the record, I don't trust a glock trigger safety to be worth a shit.

If you're reholstering, the thumb should be against the slide, and on top of the hammer, so as to feel any rearward movement of either one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead, do it all you want bub...Your leg, not mine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're reholstering, the thumb should be against the slide, and on top of the hammer, so as to feel any rearward movement of either one.

"Yeah, but if you use any sense reholstering, it isn't going to be an issue.

Do you see what you did there??

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yeah, but if you use any sense reholstering, it isn't going to be an issue.

Do you see what you did there??

yeah, I know. I can't help it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never done it, never will, and  when I'm running my guys through their annual requal and training, I jump anyone's ass I see doing it. My point was more along the lines that what a lot of people see as inherently unsafe behavior with one platform somehow becomes perfectly OK when dealing with another. I would never holster or carry a cocked DA/SA Sig, nor would I do the same with a cocked and unlocked 1911 with a pinned grip safety, yet that is in essence the accepted carry mode for a Glock, which for some reason is perfectly OK.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never done it, never will, and  when I'm running my guys through their annual requal and training, I jump anyone's ass I see doing it. My point was more along the lines that what a lot of people see as inherently unsafe behavior with one platform somehow becomes perfectly OK when dealing with another. I would never holster or carry a cocked DA/SA Sig, nor would I do the same with a cocked and unlocked 1911 with a pinned grip safety, yet that is in essence the accepted carry mode for a Glock, which for some reason is perfectly OK.

I think much of it has to do with the change in technology and equipment along with perception. Most holsters for glocks made have not had straps and such. The majority of all glock holsters are kydex and other polymers which are open top designs and lock from internals for both LE and the civilian market. Even though leather and cloth is is much more difficult to pull a glock trigger then it is another firearm without the trigger safety.

With that said I put a Ruger LCP without no safeties of any kind into a smart carry holster and have no problems with it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, booboo

I was halfway impressed at her gun handling entering the shack but that quickly devolved into cup and saucer.

And did you see that abortion of a holstering technique?  

She looked at the holster, held it open with her reaction hand then swept that hand with the muzzle.  She inserted the gun into the holster then whacked it a second time to make sure it was all the way in I guess.  Add some fine cup and saucer technique a moment before and you've got all the indicators of someone who's had zero training with guns.

On one hand I'm glad Hollyweird gives piss poor gun handling lessons to bad guys.  On the other hand, that woman is supposed to be an FBI agent...

And how the hell does a lizard become her partner in the FBI?  

John
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

INSANITY!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, booboo

I was halfway impressed at her gun handling entering the shack but that quickly devolved into cup and saucer.

And did you see that abortion of a holstering technique?  

She looked at the holster, held it open with her reaction hand then swept that hand with the muzzle.  She inserted the gun into the holster then whacked it a second time to make sure it was all the way in I guess.  Add some fine cup and saucer technique a moment before and you've got all the indicators of someone who's had zero training with guns.

On one hand I'm glad Hollyweird gives piss poor gun handling lessons to bad guys.  On the other hand, that woman is supposed to be an FBI agent...

And how the hell does a lizard become her partner in the FBI?  

John

Tune in next week and fnd out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

INSANITY!

I KNOW< INSANITY!1!1!!11!!!111
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Some of you guys are just plain silly billies.  And for the OP...it was a P-228 not a P-229
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#21]
there is a brief instant where the gun is out of sight and she may have hit the decocker, maybe your eyes are sharper than mine
good observation but...IT'S A FUCKING TV SHOW!!!

Did you see how they walked up to the door in a gaggle fuck? Do you think they're going to give the chick from Desperate Housewives a bunch of tactical and weapons training, they just have to make it passable for ABC

don't depend on television for training tips and "what right looks like" examples

good eye though, I can tell it bothers you so vent away
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are just plain silly billies.  And for the OP...it was a P-228 not a P-229

Describe to me exactly how you know..  Seriously, I would like to know...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
there is a brief instant where the gun is out of sight and she may have hit the decocker, maybe your eyes are sharper than mine
good observation but...IT'S A FUCKING TV SHOW!!!

Did you see how they walked up to the door in a gaggle fuck? Do you think they're going to give the chick from Desperate Housewives a bunch of tactical and weapons training, they just have to make it passable for ABC

don't depend on television for training tips and "what right looks like" examples

good eye though, I can tell it bothers you so vent away

No, I clearly saw the hammer cocked in her holstering of the weapon, no assumptions are made on my part.  ever.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't see how some of you people enjoy TV.  A holstering faux pas, committed by an actor... really?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you people enjoy TV.  A holstering faux pas, committed by an actor... really?  

Shut up and go cook me a good gumbo!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

this

how about the actors follow the watchman around and criticize him when he gets his lines wrong or doesn't make a scene believable enough

watchman-"YOU WILL NOT HOLSTER THAT P229 UNTIL YOU HAVE USED THE DECOCKING FEATURE"

actress-not bad, but could you blade at 45 degreees, not 47 degrees and try to dump a little more adrenaline when you disengage
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut up and go cook me a good gumbo!
I would, but you'd probably stand over me and tell me I'm doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 229 has a narrow set of rear cocking serrations on the slide.  It also has a slightly different slide profile from a 228.  The 228 has the standard cocking serrations on the lide that run from top to bottom like the 226.  Is there anything else you would like to know chief?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't bow down to manual safeties.  IMHO the cardinal safety rules are all that is necessary.  Glocks FTW.  Also I dont run the safeties on AK's or my P22 but I do on AR's and Mossy 500's.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 229 has a narrow set of rear cocking serrations on the slide.  It also has a slightly different slide profile from a 228.  The 228 has the standard cocking serrations on the lide that run from top to bottom like the 226.  Is there anything else you would like to know chief?

Yes, do have a dvr?  and did you record this episode?  Because I did not catch it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top