Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 2:16:57 PM EDT
I posted a couple of days ago looking for a good scope for my muzzle loaders and have yet to decide. The Leupold is nice and I prefer them. But I like the mill dots on the Nikon. I don't know what the actuality of using one on my muzzle loader is given typical shooting distance is 100 yards. But it's a nice feature to have.

At any rate once I decide I'm going to need a base and rings to mount them on. So what should I use? Is there really that big of a difference? I don't need anything for a quick detach or anything special to that effect. Just good hardware that will help me get the most out of my gun. By the way, this is going on a Knight Wolverine II in .50.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
All I've ever used are the Redfield dovetail type base and rings. I've probably fired 8k or more in Silhouette matches with a 308 and other calibers, plus hunts and other things and I've never once lost my zero.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Does a muzzle loader shoot far enough to need mil dots?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than coming loose how does your base and rings cause you to loose your zero?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
over the years I have used leupold, weaver, millet, talley, warne, redfield, and who knows how many other base and ring sets.  I think I've used virtually all of them at one time or another.

I now use warne exclusively.  They are not svelte skinny rings, but they are robust, tough, easy to install and hold up well.  Available in QD and non Qd variants.  THese are good rings and bases.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Warne Maxima has a great mount....very sturdy, and good price.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a couple of sets of Badgers, and a Badger 20 MOA scope base.  They work well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I swear by Near bases, (25 moa built in), and Seekins Precision rings.

That's what I use on my .308.

After 1000 rounds they're still solid as a rock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top