Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 1:14:12 PM EDT
I just upgraded from the curve to the tour and have a few questions. This is for the verizon based Tour:

1. The 2 themes offered on the stock phone dont show a calender on the main screen. How do I get it to do this?
2. I have 2 outlook based emails setup on the phone for work. Right now they hit my computer and then my phone about 5 minutes later. how do I get it so that they hit the same time?
3. How do I customize the buttons shown on the main screen(quick launch type menu)?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just upgraded from the curve to the tour and have a few questions. This is for the verizon based Tour:

1. The 2 themes offered on the stock phone dont show a calender on the main screen. How do I get it to do this?
3. How do I customize the buttons shown on the main screen(quick launch type menu)?

1. Look at other available themes available. Check them out on crackberry
3. For the base theme it usually shows the first 5 icons from your main menu, so you have to pick what 5 you want shown and make them the first menu buttons
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You can move items around, the first 6 will show on the main screen.

Press the blackberry button, go to your calendar, press the blackberry button, and choose move.  Drag it where you want.

No help on the e-mail.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You can move items around, the first 6 will show on the main screen.

Press the blackberry button, go to your calendar, press the blackberry button, and choose move.  Drag it where you want.

No help on the e-mail.

Sorry should have been more specific. I want it to show my appointments or schedule on the main screen like it did on the curve. The curve would list the next 3 or so upcoming appointments based on what was in my calender. It was kind of a quick reference thing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

2. I have 2 outlook based emails setup on the phone for work. Right now they hit my computer and then my phone about 5 minutes later. how do I get it so that they hit the same time?

If you had a Bold, you could go get this:

ECruz Theme Archives - BlueRoomSolution
Just go look for Tour themes over at Crackberry. You want a theme with a "today" option.
To change the theme, press the BB button, and go to setup (the wrench Icon). In there you will find Theme.
When you press the BB button, you can rearrange the apps to get them in the order you want them to be in. You can move them into folders, or put them in the home screen. Just highlight the app you want to move and press the BB button once, then select move or move to folder. Arrange away!
As for email, you are on BIS, which gets processed through RIMs servers. BES is a direct partnering with an exchange server and costs more. There is a Delay for BIS, but not for BES. What kind of email hosting do you have?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
sorry to hijack, but how do i get the accent marks over french and spanish words?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

sorry to hijack, but how do i get the accent marks over french and spanish words?

Install the Spanish and French language support?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but one time i actually was able to get these èêëìíîî somehow?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but one time i actually was able to get these èêëìíîî somehow?

Google?

The SYM key has them for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top