Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 10:30:28 AM EDT
DUI driver turns herself in

Driver calls 911 to report herself as drunk
Woman tells dispatcher she had been ‘drinking all night long’

updated 6:08 p.m. PT, Mon., Nov . 2, 2009
NEILSVILLE, Wis. - The call came into the 911 dispatcher: "I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm drunk." And with that, Mary Strey, 49, of Granton, reported herself as a drunken driver about three miles northeast of Neilsville in central Wisconsin.

Clark County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jim Backus said Monday that Strey's call on Oct. 24 led deputies to cite her for misdemeanor drunken driving with a blood-alcohol level double the legal limit to drive. She makes her first court appearance Dec. 10.

Backus said drunken drivers reporting themselves is rare.

In the 911 call, Strey said she wanted to report a drunken driver and the dispatcher asked if she was behind the suspect vehicle. "I am them," Strey said. She then followed the dispatcher's advice to pull over and turn on her flashers, telling him she had been "drinking all night long."

Im not saying I think its ok to drink and drive but, as Ron White says, "You cant fix stupid".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]

: "I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm drunk."

Shouldn't have got in the fucking car then.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I could think of a few other calls I would have made before that one that would result in an arrest and a DUI conviction....

"Hello, Yellow Cab?"

What a dumb@ss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top