Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:49:12 AM EDT
Just curious who is responsible for the roof top AC unit?? Property owner or Leasee??
The service and if they need to be replaced..

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]
As a former commercial renter I would say leasee is responsible for service, owner responsible for replacement.  Could depend on your lease though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Read your lease, some landlords sneak in that the tenant is responsible, most though it's the landlords
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
A roof unit is part of the real property and thus the responsibility of the property owner.  Unless they are cheap sneaky fuck and weaseled something into your lease saying otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on the lease.  It should be the responsibility of the landlord.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats what I was thinking. It is the landlords responsibility..

How about a oil furnace that is inside the building??

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How about a oil furnace that is inside the building??

Thanks

Same as the roof unit.  

Is this a single or multi-tenant building?  If it's single tenant, the landlord would be more likely to pass all costs to the tenant, you need to read the lease.  The items you are talking about typically have economic lives that are less than the structure.  If the property is being properly managed, funds should be periodically set aside for their replacement.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
We are talking about a multi unit building..
I know what my lease says.
This was just a conversation I was having with a friend..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top