Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:34:48 AM EDT
Does anybody else have the neighbors that think it's acceptable to blow all of their leaves into the street?  Often the same people who shovel/push/blow their snow into the

street?  My corner lot is in someways like the Anti-Bermuda Triangle, in that the leaves don't disappear from my lot, instead it's where all stray leaves appear.  I live in the

mid-west, yet somehow I find exotic or tropical leaves in my yard, such as something resembling small palm branches.  My neighborhood consists of mostly Silver Maples,

yet Ash, Oak, Walnut, Elm, Linden, Mulberry, etc, end up drifting in my yard after I've cleared it.  If only my yard would be the magical location where all lost coins appeared,

or merely where my lost socks showed up.  I have retired neighbors that must scan their yards with binoculars all day, because they fire up the leaf blowers CONSTANTLY,

and will spend five minutes blowing one leaf to the street rather than picking it up.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a REAL problem with the neighbor that shares MY back fence. The owners were great people and then they moved out and rented the house to white trash.

After the Oklahoma ice storm a couple of years ago, I kept finding maple branches in my back yard (yet NO maple trees overhang my property). I caught the trash in the house behind ours picking up limbs off of their backyard and then throwing them over the fence into MY back yard. They thought that I wouldn't notice because the area they were throwing them was blocked by one of my outbuildings...

ANYWAY, I moved one of my security cameras to said outbuilding and caught them dumping branches after dark...I also caught them dumping several other things too and doing other things after dark that looked suspicious so I called a buddy of mine at the local PD and shared the video with them.

Long story short...Local PD served a search warrant on the house and (Gomer_Pyle) Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! (/Gomer_Pyle) they found a shake-and-bake meth lab in the spare bedroom! Shit-house neighbors are now residing at the local county lock-up awaiting trial on Mfg Methamphetamine charges.

They fuqqed with the WRONG person!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had a REAL problem with the neighbor that shares MY back fence. The owners were great people and then they moved out and rented the house to white trash.

After the Oklahoma ice storm a couple of years ago, I kept finding maple branches in my back yard (yet NO maple trees overhang my property). I caught the trash in the house behind ours picking up limbs off of their backyard and then throwing them over the fence into MY back yard. They thought that I wouldn't notice because the area they were throwing them was blocked by one of my outbuildings...

ANYWAY, I moved one of my security cameras to said outbuilding and caught them dumping branches after dark...I also caught them dumping several other things too and doing other things after dark that looked suspicious so I called a buddy of mine at the local PD and shared the video with them.

Long story short...Local PD served a search warrant on the house and (Gomer_Pyle) Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! (/Gomer_Pyle) they found a shake-and-bake meth lab in the spare bedroom! Shit-house neighbors are now residing at the local county lock-up awaiting trial on Mfg Methamphetamine charges.

Good job to you and your local PD!!!  This reminds me of the jerks that fill the construction dumpsters that you pay $150.00 for, with their garbage, yard waste, broken furniture, used tires, dead animals, etc.  Thanks for giving something back to the creeps!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Does anybody else have the neighbors that think it's acceptable to blow all of their leaves into the street? Often the same people who shovel/push/blow their snow into the

street? My corner lot is in someways like the Anti-Bermuda Triangle, in that the leaves don't disappear from my lot, instead it's where all stray leaves appear. I live in the

mid-west, yet somehow I find exotic or tropical leaves in my yard, such as something resembling small palm branches. My neighborhood consists of mostly Silver Maples,

yet Ash, Oak, Walnut, Elm, Linden, Mulberry, etc, end up drifting in my yard after I've cleared it. If only my yard would be the magical location where all lost coins appeared,

or merely where my lost socks showed up. I have retired neighbors that must scan their yards with binoculars all day, because they fire up the leaf blowers CONSTANTLY,

and will spend five minutes blowing one leaf to the street rather than picking it up.

City comes by with a truck that sucks the leaves from the road. We're supposed to blow them there.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anybody else have the neighbors that think it's acceptable to blow all of their leaves into the street? Often the same people who shovel/push/blow their snow into the

street? My corner lot is in someways like the Anti-Bermuda Triangle, in that the leaves don't disappear from my lot, instead it's where all stray leaves appear. I live in the

mid-west, yet somehow I find exotic or tropical leaves in my yard, such as something resembling small palm branches. My neighborhood consists of mostly Silver Maples,

yet Ash, Oak, Walnut, Elm, Linden, Mulberry, etc, end up drifting in my yard after I've cleared it. If only my yard would be the magical location where all lost coins appeared,

or merely where my lost socks showed up. I have retired neighbors that must scan their yards with binoculars all day, because they fire up the leaf blowers CONSTANTLY,

City comes by with a truck that sucks the leaves from the road. We're supposed to blow them there.

My city isn't as advanced despite the ever increasing tax burdens.  The leaves often end up plugging the storm gutters which requires more tax payer resources to clean.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#5]
We just sweep them into the gutter and light them on fire.  The nice smell fills the entire neighborhood, they don't fill up landfills, they don't clog up the sewers.  You know fall is here when you can smell the leaves burning.

I wish.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I hate the assholes that take the first swipe on their riding mower and blow all of their grass onto the road so I (and others like me) can pick it up with my clean vehicle and bring it home to my house/driveway. Lazy bastards!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I just run over the yard with a riding mower until the leaves can't really be seen anymore.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I blow mine in a pile and then burn them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Does anybody else have the neighbors that think it's acceptable to blow all of their leaves into the street?  Often the same people who shovel/push/blow their snow into the

street?  My corner lot is in someways like the Anti-Bermuda Triangle, in that the leaves don't disappear from my lot, instead it's where all stray leaves appear.  I live in the

mid-west, yet somehow I find exotic or tropical leaves in my yard, such as something resembling small palm branches.  My neighborhood consists of mostly Silver Maples,

yet Ash, Oak, Walnut, Elm, Linden, Mulberry, etc, end up drifting in my yard after I've cleared it.  If only my yard would be the magical location where all lost coins appeared,

or merely where my lost socks showed up.  I have retired neighbors that must scan their yards with binoculars all day, because they fire up the leaf blowers CONSTANTLY,

Send them a nasty note, but let someone else do the paragraph layout.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job to you and your local PD!!!  This reminds me of the jerks that fill the construction dumpsters that you pay $150.00 for, with their garbage, yard waste, broken furniture, used tires, dead animals, etc.  Thanks for giving something back to the creeps!

When I was building my house I had some dumbass come dump an old sofa and a couple of weeks worth of kitchen garbage in my roll off dumpster.  I dived on in and started going through his garbage.  

Note to assholes that do this kind of thing.  Make sure you don' t throw your mail in with your garbage.

Local deputy was happy to go knocking on his door on my behalf.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hate the assholes that take the first swipe on their riding mower and blow all of their grass onto the road so I (and others like me) can pick it up with my clean vehicle and bring it home to my house/driveway. Lazy bastards!

I'd like to add the s.o.b.s who never use trash bags, then leave their cans out front several days before the trash pick-up day.  Meanwhile raccoons, dogs, wind, etc, knock over

the cans and all of their trash blows into the street, your yard and driveway while they never lift a finger to pick it up.  The same people let their dogs run free to shit in your

yard, or if they actually use a leash they still fail to pick up the emissions of Fido's rectum.  Thanks Obama voters!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I blow mine into the street, the same as the city and county. We have trees that drop leaves year round.

We get a vaccuum street sweeper every month or so to suck the remainder up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top