Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 8:05:33 AM EDT
http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/09/11/02/1739238/Terminator-Franchise-To-Be-Auctioned-Off?art_pos=11

"For sale: One slightly-used Terminator. Still works, minor attitude problems, get it cheap now!'

Several sources are reporting that the Terminator franchise is set to be auctioned off just three weeks after another well known franchise, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, was sold for $60 million. The present owner, Halcyon, has filed for chapter 11 after a dispute with a hedge fund that lent Halcyon the money to buy the rights to begin with. The auction will include rights to everything but the first two films.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/09/11/02/1739238/Terminator-Franchise-To-Be-Auctioned-Off?art_pos=11

"For sale: One slightly-used Terminator. Still works, minor attitude problems, get it cheap now!'

Several sources are reporting that the Terminator franchise is set to be auctioned off just three weeks after another well known franchise, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, was sold for $60 million. The present owner, Halcyon, has filed for chapter 11 after a dispute with a hedge fund that lent Halcyon the money to buy the rights to begin with. The auction will include rights to everything but the first two films.

awesome maybe we'll get a good move out of it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Good grief, why is the Terminator property such a hot potato...?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good grief, why is the Terminator property such a hot potato...?

Really?...just a look at GD would answer that...look at all of the zombie, end of the world leg humpers here. How many here drooled over it and went to see the Christian Bale Terminator turd?

They will make another one and tickets will sell..

Go further back than that. There have been problems since T2. That's why it took so long for a T3 to be made.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you really want to see a T-4?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ummm...

1: Terminator

2: Terminator 2

3: Terminator 3

4: Terminator: Salvation

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#7]
After T3, I'd take the rights if they paid me $5mil.  I figure that is how much embarrassment I would suffer from owning it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for a group buy. Shit, why not?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I am in.  Dibs on Glaubot and any firearms that are associatted with the sale.

Some of you talking shit about the Terminator franchise seem to forget that it makes money.   I also enjoy the Terminator films, but then again I can seperate reality from make believe.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm suprised the TMNT only sold for 60 mil, I still see thier stuff fairly often.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ummm...

1: Terminator

2: Terminator 2

3: Terminator 3

4: Terminator: Salvation

Oh... uhhh yeah....forgot that one.... uhhh lol

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Can we FINALLY get a movie about Skynet's rise to power and the human resistance in the future war? One with the lasers and plasma rifles instead of fucking retarded machine gun motorcycles and Christian Bale?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Can we FINALLY get a movie about Skynet's rise to power and the human resistance in the future war? One with the lasers and plasma rifles instead of fucking retarded machine gun motorcycles and Christian Bale?

Oh, you mean like we were going to get in Season 3 of TSCC?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top